Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping grass
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26
Mapping grass

Soo, i have a shitload of grass in my map but its collidable, it will take a really long while to remove this or something, and i want it to have a random scale like in the wikipedia said, how to place grass the correct way?

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Mapping grass

In the wikipedia? You have to uncheck the collide box inside the level editor for each piece seperately. I haven't checked but there might be a way to do it via NP++ by opening the map file and replacing something.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

nemesis567 is correct; the easiest way to do this is to open the map file in your notepad editor and replace occurrences of Collide="True" to Collide="False". The trick is to make sure you only change that property for grass objects.

Follow these steps
1) Back up your map. Always do this when messing with the map file outside the LevelEditor.

2) Find your grass's FileID. To do this, open your map file in your notepad editor and do a search for the keyphrase FileIndex_StaticObjects. Look through all the lines under that category which are grass static objects, since you may have placed multiple types. Those indexes are the ones you want to change.

3) Do a ctrl+F Find & Replace for all instances of Collide="true" FileIndex="<GRASS_OBJ_INDEX>", changing true to fase. Leave the index alone. Replace <GRASS_OBJ_INDEX> with the FileID you found in step 2. Repeat for all indexes of grass static objects in your map.

If you can't get it to work, send your map file to me, I'll do it for ya. But get into this kind of search and replace function, it helps me a lot when building maps. I actually do it quite often.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012, 05:31 AM by palistov.)
03-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

(03-04-2012, 05:30 AM)palistov Wrote: Thanks..

Kay, i will do this the next time i will do grass in my maps, now ive made outside the map a grass compound wich is huge with many grasses, then i placed it into the map and duplicated it over and over Smile

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Find