Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP WITH .LANG
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21
NEED HELP WITH .LANG

hi all! so, please respond, this is all i need to get my custom story right! Big Grin i seem to have a problem, i have a key... with a name and description , which works fine, then i add the note, with name and desc, under the "Journal" category, but when i do that, both the key and the note appear blank!?!?!?!??! its so damn frustrating... because i,ve done everything the tutorials told me to :'( i,ll send my .lang file if anyone can spot what's wrong Smile
secondly, how do i make a locked door say, like " its locked, there must be a key somewhere " or something like that when i try to open it? because when i try, it just appears blank.. I... NEED... HELP! come on please! my first custom story, i,m so proud, aside from these two fahking things Sad

oh and i,ll be looking for beta testers too, once i get this note, sh*t working Smile
hoping to hear from someone, as i am just about to piss my pants in frustration, over this xD

peace out
03-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: NEED HELP WITH .LANG

We can't help you with your .lang issue until you let us look at its contents.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Website Find
pandasFTW Offline

here are the .lang file.. again PLEASE HELP!

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key1">a key to open the guest rooms... wonder how it ended up there?</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key1">guest room key...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Name">This is a Letter</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Text">This is a letter.[br]wall o' text.[br]Crits for over nine-thousand.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
(03-02-2012, 08:09 PM)Your Computer Wrote: We can't help you with your .lang issue until you let us look at its contents.
just posted it Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM by pandasFTW.)
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

Did you put theletter in the area Notetext of the entity tab of the note?

And, another question, does the description still there? If not, you did something wrong.

Also i want to be an beta tester if want ^^ Big Grin (I also have an Custom Story to work on. But i can test)

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Find
pandasFTW Offline

oh btw, i need help with descriptions and names for level doors too Smile
(03-02-2012, 08:56 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: Did you put theletter in the area Notetext of the entity tab of the note?

And, another question, does the description still there? If not, you did something wrong.

Also i want to be an beta tester if want ^^ Big Grin (I also have an Custom Story to work on. But i can test)
i,d love to have you as a beta tester! but dont expect anything fancy, as it is my first custom story, and i just through i,d let you know that i,d love feedback, but criticism like, " you could have made it scarier" or " more special effects " will just hurt my feelings, because i,m actually quite proud of my work. of course i think i can do alot better now, but its my first custom story and i had really NO skill when i started working on this, feedback = awsome... criticism of my scripting : bad Smile
(03-02-2012, 08:56 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: Did you put theletter in the area Notetext of the entity tab of the note?

oh my gosh, i feel like i,m spamming this, but i,m just so excited, that i might actually continue working on my story! Big Grin thank you, the note works now. but now its just doors, like " the door is locked, maybe there is a key somewhere " or something, when i try to open it... and level doors, like " cellars" or something... please Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012, 09:02 PM by pandasFTW.)
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102

(03-02-2012, 08:12 PM)pandasFTW Wrote: here are the .lang file.. again PLEASE HELP!

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key1">a key to open the guest rooms... wonder how it ended up there?</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key1">guest room key...</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Name">This is a Letter</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Text">This is a letter.[br]wall o' text.[br]Crits for over nine-thousand.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
(03-02-2012, 08:09 PM)Your Computer Wrote: We can't help you with your .lang issue until you let us look at its contents.
just posted it Smile
Make sure the note is named "Note_theletter" in level editor Smile //JHM

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Website Find
Stepper321 Offline

(03-02-2012, 09:31 PM)jessehmusic Wrote: Text
No, not Note_theletter, that would make it Note_Note_theletter_Name and things, it just has to be theletter

EDIT: If you want i can maybe help you scripting, i'm very good in those kind of things =)

EDIT 2: You can't add an Description to level doors, only the name. It says in the entities tab the Focus name and category thing, if you have your crosshair over it, it will display whats in it, its quite simple actually, just in the category thing you put Door. and in the text thing you put leveldoor_1

Now in extra_english.lang you put this

<CATEGORY Name="Door">    <Entry Name="leveldoor_1">doorname here!</Entry></CATEGORY>

Its that simple.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012, 09:39 PM by Stepper321.)
03-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102

(03-02-2012, 09:34 PM)Stepper321 Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 09:31 PM)jessehmusic Wrote: Text
No, not Note_theletter, that would make it Note_Note_theletter_Name and things, it just has to be theletter

EDIT: If you want i can maybe help you scripting, i'm very good in those kind of things =)

No lol i got it and it works great Wink
Big Grin
"Note_theletter"
Then theletter in the entity tab with "Notetext" i think it was?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Website Find
Stepper321 Offline

(03-02-2012, 09:40 PM)jessehmusic Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 09:34 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: text

No lol i got it and it works great Wink
Big Grin
"Note_theletter"
Then theletter in the entity tab with "Notetext" i think it was?
Yes

03-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Find