Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag issues: Have checked troubleshooting guides
Eowyn23 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Lag issues: Have checked troubleshooting guides

First of all, I have already gone through the troubleshooting guides and nothing has helped. I downloaded Amnesia from Steam after checking to make sure my laptop could run it. I had all the listed requirements except the graphics card, but I searched the forums and found that Intel HD cards should work. Just to be safe, I downloaded the demo and it ran just fine, so I figured I'd be okay. But when I went to play the actual game, it lagged so badly as to be unplayable. I dropped all the graphics settings as low as possible, disabled anything that could be disabled, made sure all my background programs were off, etc. It still lagged. Changing the screen resolution did absolutely nothing. I tried running it in windowed mode, but if anything it lagged worse than before. I double-checked my drivers to be sure they were updated, double-checked the game to be sure it was updated, (although steam supposedly does that automatically), but still nothing worked. I'll understand if my laptop just absolutely can't run it, (although I'd be very disappointed), but I thought I would post here just to be sure there wasn't anything else that I could try.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad 410
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 2.40 GHz
RAM: 2 GB

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.56 KB / Downloads: 90)
03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Lag issues: Have checked troubleshooting guides

Your drivers are not the latest. You have version 2401 but the newest is 2622. Use the have disk method: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89162

Also, do a file integrity check through steam.

Try to run the game and if the problem persists reattach the HPL.log file.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 07:14 PM by plutomaniac.)
03-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Find
Eowyn23 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Lag issues: Have checked troubleshooting guides

Okay, I'm sorry about that. I thought I had updated the drivers yesterday, but maybe I downloaded the wrong file somehow. However, I just downloaded the latest drivers, (double-checking that it was version 2622), and it still lags. The game did seem to run better at first, but by the time I got to the Entrance Hall it was lagging again, and by the time I went into the Laboratory it was back to being pretty much unplayable. I did the file integrity check and it validated the files, so that seems to be okay. Here's the latest hpl file, and thanks for the help.
(03-03-2012, 07:13 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Your drivers are not the latest. You have version 2401 but the newest is 2622. Use the have disk method: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89162

Also, do a file integrity check through steam.

Try to run the game and if the problem persists reattach the HPL.log file.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.98 KB / Downloads: 85)
03-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Ok, the log now indicates that everything is fine. The drivers are updated and there are no more errors. Have fun playing the game. Smile
03-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Find