Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Developer wanted. (Book Adaption)
neilsugg Offline

Threads: 2
Developer wanted. (Book Adaption)

I got amnesia about a month ago and loved it. I have recently started writing a horror book that is inspired by Amnesia and Silent Hill. It's not done or even close to being done, but I am working on it and very committed. I wasn't aware of how in depth you could go with your custom stories so I came up with the idea of ,once I finish my book, turning my book in to a custom story. Would that be possible because there are moments that aren't scary. I am writing the book in a journal format. If you have read catcher in the rye it is that format. Please get back to me if anyone is interested. I don't know how to create custom stories but I would like to find someone who isn't that new to creating them. If you have made a previous story that would be amazing to know and see. Have a good daySmile
03-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Developer wanted. (Book Adaption)

I could help out once my CS is finished.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

I would be interested too : )

03-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Find
neilsugg Offline

I replied to this before but I guess the post was to big and I was in a hurry and didn't notice. My mistake.
You guys both seem like great options and it's good to know you have made levels before. I am very open when working on this. It won't be my way or the highway I would like to work on it together and we each have say in it.
My question is: Do you wanna work on game as I work on book? or wait till I am done with book first? Either way it will take time because a book does take awhile to write. I am past 4,000 words currently so you have an idea where I am at. I could always talk to who ever wants to do the project and at least tell you what some characters and monsters look like so we can work on getting something done. Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 06:24 AM by neilsugg.)
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Well, Im willing to do either. Wait til u finish the book or start working on it while the book is being written, btw i also have a on writing horror book as well so i might be able to help out with making it better.

Add me on skype
gamemakingdude

Stephanos house
03-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Find
neilsugg Offline

(03-07-2012, 07:37 AM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: Well, Im willing to do either. Wait til u finish the book or start working on it while the book is being written, btw i also have a on writing horror book as well so i might be able to help out with making it better.

Add me on skype
gamemakingdude
I will do asap. I just reformatted my computer so I don't have skype anymore and my stupid internet won't let me download it for some reason-_- also I lost my computer mic when I moved so I would only be able to type to you. My names Neil by the way. Any chance you could send me a dl of skype? I know that sounds stupid but I would probably be able to dl it that way.
We can exchange words on our books also! How long ago did you start?
I should mention my book is more modern day. I sadly haven't got to play white night but I watch some youtube videos on it and I noticed he did a full conversion mod. I don't know much about that just enough to have a general idea, but I bring it up cause I noticed he turned the lantern in to a flash light. That would be amazing to use that if possible and give credit to him of course..
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 09:34 AM by neilsugg.)
03-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/o...wnloading/
And it is possible to do that but it requires a full conversion.

Stephanos house
03-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Find
neilsugg Offline

(03-07-2012, 10:21 AM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/o...wnloading/
And it is possible to do that but it requires a full conversion.
I'm downloading link now I will tell you if it manages to work this time around. Thanks for the link. Full conversions would be very hard and time consuming I presume. How's your current CS coming along?
It seemed to work finally. Thanks, but it won't let me add people -_- you can request me. my skype name is

neilsugg
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM by neilsugg.)
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

I sent you a skype request hope you got it.

Stephanos house
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Find
neilsugg Offline

(03-07-2012, 11:55 AM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: I sent you a skype request hope you got it.
Ilike how we both have odd sleeping schedules lol What time is it there? It's 4:10 pm here in phoenix.
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Find