Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Work in progress Dreadful Fires
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Dreadful Fires

I really like that 2nd shot, great mood captured there. In the 3rd one the moonlight looks a little too strong, what with the rest of the room's light being more neutralized.

Good so far, I hope you keep going with it (and that it gets more attention too)

03-20-2012, 05:20 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Wow, right when I read the story, I told myself "Wow! This sounds like a good story!"
You got me hooked with just the story! And after that, looking at your pics make it seem like you're a pro in CS making.

I really can't wait for this to come out! Big Grin Especially since it's a "serious" story. By that I mean, a lot of people have just been making little CS's that have nothing but jumpscares and pointless stories etc. Not judging or nothing, but It's hard to find a good CS that is serious now-a-days.

Anyone agree?
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2012, 05:55 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
03-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Find
Strembitsky Offline

Threads: 37

(03-20-2012, 05:20 AM)Kurton Wrote: I really like that 2nd shot, great mood captured there. In the 3rd one the moonlight looks a little too strong, what with the rest of the room's light being more neutralized.

Good so far, I hope you keep going with it (and that it gets more attention too)
Thanks. I'll edit that room to make more sense. I really appreciate everything you said!

(03-20-2012, 05:53 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: Wow, right when I read the story, I told myself "Wow! This sounds like a good story!"
You got me hooked with just the story! And after that, looking at your pics make it seem like you're a pro in CS making.

I really can't wait for this to come out! Big Grin Especially since it's a "serious" story. By that I mean, a lot of people have just been making little CS's that have nothing but jumpscares and pointless stories etc. Not judging or nothing, but It's hard to find a good CS that is serious now-a-days.

Anyone agree?
Thanks for the feedback! Inspiration has been found! And I definitely agree, finding a well-done no-jumpscare CS is more difficult than it should be.

The Nightmares v1.0 - Dreadful Fires WIP
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(03-20-2012, 10:58 PM)Strembitsky Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 05:53 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: Wow, right when I read the story, I told myself "Wow! This sounds like a good story!"

Anyone agree?
Thanks for the feedback! Inspiration has been found! And I definitely agree, finding a well-done no-jumpscare CS is more difficult than it should be.
That's what I was aiming for Smile I'm the type of person who needs inspiration as well, but not only that, I also give encouragement too haha. Like my story, I was thinking of abandoning it and such, but then just two (yes, TWO) people said to not give up and go on! They even understood if it sucked, because they told me it's ok due to the fact that it's the first CS I'm doing. (Idk if I should post my moddb link here (I don't update my thread no more), don't wanna seem like a a-hole trying to steal this thread or something)

Not to mention that the watchers on my ModDb went from 20 to like 35 in just a week! That's insane and THAT'S what you call inspiration. Smile (sort of lol)

03-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Find
Strembitsky Offline

Thanks a lot, bro!

I am very excited for my CS now. I got a lot of good ideas, no, GREAT ideas for scares in my CS. No spoilers, though!

03-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(03-21-2012, 07:48 PM)Strembitsky Wrote: Thanks a lot, bro!

I am very excited for my CS now. I got a lot of good ideas, no, GREAT ideas for scares in my CS. No spoilers, though!
If they are jump scares, dont put too many. Jump scares are consider "cheap" sometimes and people get over it.
03-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Find
Strembitsky Offline

Don't worry, I will try to use no jump scares at all. Some may be debated as jump scares, but they won't be unrealistic/impossible things that would never happen without a reason such as ... Nope, can't share too much info Wink

03-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(03-22-2012, 04:01 AM)Strembitsky Wrote: Don't worry, I will try to use no jump scares at all. Some may be debated as jump scares, but they won't be unrealistic/impossible things that would never happen without a reason such as ... Nope, can't share too much info Wink
Atta boy! Now go kick some butt and give us a good CS! Smile

03-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Find
Strembitsky Offline

Will do Big Grin

03-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(03-22-2012, 04:10 AM)Strembitsky Wrote: I Like it!
When u think this will be finished??
I'm also almost finished my Cs.. "Nocturnal Confusion"
I will follow u.
Greets, Lange
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Find