Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The party ( work in progress )
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21
The party ( work in progress )

hi all! so, i,m making this ( my first ) custom story called " the party " i,m about 60 % done by now, but i got a bit of a problem, my motivation has been absolutely down at the bottom the last few weeks, because, i,m 16... and my friends do NOT like the fact that i like to sit and scream at my screen, because of a game :-D so they really never say anything else than " stop playing that stupid game for pussys " and stuff like that, that aint really motivating... Sad so what i,d really like, is some support and interest from you guys, to actually keep me going on this Smile
enough about that... here are the story

You were invited to a party at a dark, moody castle... as you arrived you couldent help but wonder why the party was held at such a spooky place, however you decide to stay, and have fun... the next day you wake up, unable to recall much of the day before... you do remember, that you were invited to a party... but, something doesent make sense, if you were invited to a party, where are all the other attendants?

please show some interest here, because i really like scripting/level-editing... but i just cant find the motivation, with the friends that i have Sad

btw, i,m in need of beta testers soon, too Smile

peace out
03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
RE: The party ( work in progress )

Well,I used to have friends like that.Turns out,they werent really my friends.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

F*ck em, you know what you can do here is good, stick at it. Your clearly doing something worthwhile with your time, an I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say that they're not.

I like your premise, think about how you might actually be able to convince the player that they were at a party, though. You won't be able to show a sequence whilst the party is in flow, do you plan on text explaining the premise before the game starts, or making an environment convincing enough that the player will know they were at a party?
03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah I don't really think you're going to be able to find someone other than people on here that will be interested in it... Other than the occasional "HEY WHY YOU TAKING SO LONG WITH YOUR MOD???" or "LOL you should put a bunch of boners on all the monsters in your mod" I don't really here anything about it from people irl.

Posting Freak
03-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Website Find
TheMadAsshatter Offline

Threads: 1

Sounds interesting. I've always been a bit of a fan of stories that are basically like a party that goes way South. Keep going, I want to see how it pans out. Just don't worry so much about scripting and not focusing enough on the story that it becomes disjointed, okay?

VOICE ACTOR
[Image: 4fe2a997c90f7249489943.png]
03-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Find
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21

(03-06-2012, 08:48 PM)Adrianis Wrote: F*ck em, you know what you can do here is good, stick at it. Your clearly doing something worthwhile with your time, an I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say that they're not.

I like your premise, think about how you might actually be able to convince the player that they were at a party, though. You won't be able to show a sequence whilst the party is in flow, do you plan on text explaining the premise before the game starts, or making an environment convincing enough that the player will know they were at a party?
i,m making notes for it, plus the second level consists mainly of a " party hall " which has been ravaged, body's and wine bottles everywhere with alochol and blood on the floor so... plus... it is in the description... the first line " you were invited to a party at a strange castle " Wink and, yes... my friends are doing absolutely horribly with their life, whenever they dont steal they do drugs... so Tongue i dont really give a sh*t about what they say, but still, it aint really motivating xD
(03-07-2012, 05:41 AM)TheMadAsshatter Wrote: Sounds interesting. I've always been a bit of a fan of stories that are basically like a party that goes way South. Keep going, I want to see how it pans out. Just don't worry so much about scripting and not focusing enough on the story that it becomes disjointed, okay?
dont worry. i will focus mainly on the story, simply because i really S.U.C.K at scripting Wink but i,m learning though... so, as it is my first custom story... expect some details in the levels, some story that actually makes sense, but no sick scripts... i think, at this point, the sickest i,ve done is probably the exploding door, or the crowbar puzzle ( dont worry, it's only a single one, in the start ) but do not worry! it won't be a script-less story... there are alot of standard-scripting... like locked doors, sounds, music, ENEMIES! it's been quite hard to learn actually Big Grin but thanks for the interest, it really helped
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM by pandasFTW.)
03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

(03-06-2012, 08:06 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Well,I used to have friends like that.Turns out,they werent really my friends.
Is it bad that i laughed at this?

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Nope.I guess its funny.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-07-2012, 07:42 PM