Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
schurem Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

I checked the general troubleshooting thread. My box is up-to-date with the latest catalyst drivers. For some reason the game refuses to run. The troubleshooting thread tells me to open a new thread and post the contents of HPL.log. This file does not exist on my box. I searched the entire drive for it, but its just not there.

I tried running the game as administrator, but this makes no difference.

I use 64bit windows 7. my box has 8gb of ram, an ati 6950, and the C drive is an SSD. The box runs other games flawlessly. wtf am i doin wrong?!

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 29.16 KB / Downloads: 84)
03-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Have you tried running the installer as an administrator?
03-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Website Find
schurem Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Installer? there's a launcher and a game .exe in C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\ I tried running both as administrator, even started steam with admin rights. It just doesnt work. the folder in c:\user\my documents\ never gets made. I looked into the file permissions for that folder, but they did not seem out of whack (full control for the user and admin).

The launcher appears when i click play in steam. It just blinks out after a minute or so, with no error given or log written.

Its not that I feel angry or anything about the ten bucks i wasted on this nonworking game, but im insanely curious about it. Heard it's good. I just wanna play Sad
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012, 10:28 AM by schurem.)
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Did not know it was on Steam, so in this case there is no installer.
Perhaps you have some anti-virus program running that could interfere? Thinking the game is a virus and blocking it from executing properly.
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Website Find