Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Nintendo Castle Horror
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Nintendo Castle Horror

I have to agree with Cranky, and say it's kind of weird to claim it isn't made for PewDiePie when there are so many barrels, exploding, flying at you, entire rooms filled with them. Then there's also a golden warrior statue in almost every room.

But I liked the story nonetheless, no hate here.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
04-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28

(04-14-2012, 12:20 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: I have to agree with Cranky, and say it's kind of weird to claim it isn't made for PewDiePie when there are so many barrels, exploding, flying at you, entire rooms filled with them. Then there's also a golden warrior statue in almost every room.

But I liked the story nonetheless, no hate here.
actually barrels are the only one thing which you could put everywhere
04-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-14-2012, 12:50 PM)Skashi Wrote: actually barrels are the only one thing which you could put everywhere
Level designers think that you can put barrels and crates everywhere, and it's gotten to a point where there's actually a general level design rule against it. Unless we're talking warehouses, players will frown if they see containers strewn about, and in Amnesia doubly so, because you'll have to check behind every darn one, just in case there's a key hidden behind them. Putting that many barrels in a small room is almost like an IQ puzzle though, so I don't know whether to hate it or love it: You can't search the place properly without shooting them out the door, and judging by PDPs LP, some people won't realize that.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 01:20 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(04-14-2012, 01:16 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 12:50 PM)Skashi Wrote: actually barrels are the only one thing which you could put everywhere
Level designers think that you can put barrels and crates everywhere, and it's gotten to a point where there's actually a general level design rule against it. Unless we're talking warehouses, players will frown if they see containers strewn about, and in Amnesia doubly so, because you'll have to check behind every darn one, just in case there's a key hidden behind them. Putting that many barrels in a small room is almost like an IQ puzzle, though, so I don't know whether to hate it or love it: You can't search the place properly without shooting them out the door, and judging by PDPs LP, some people won't realize that.
i think that's a bit exaggerated...
04-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-14-2012, 01:19 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 01:16 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Level designers think that you can put barrels and crates everywhere, and it's gotten to a point where there's actually a general level design rule against it. Unless we're talking warehouses, players will frown if they see containers strewn about, and in Amnesia doubly so, because you'll have to check behind every darn one, just in case there's a key hidden behind them. Putting that many barrels in a small room is almost like an IQ puzzle, though, so I don't know whether to hate it or love it: You can't search the place properly without shooting them out the door, and judging by PDPs LP, some people won't realize that.
i think that's a bit exaggerated...
What part?
I quote Dart Zaidyer, professional eater of duct tape:
"Crates are the high overlord of bad level design. Unless the room you're
working on is a warehouse, crates are a universally recognized symbol
of laziness. Bonus points if they're just taking up space in the corner.
Double bonus points if the crates are too big to fit through the doors
of the room they're in."

There is also the "Start to Crate" measuring system:
"Games can be rated and compared based on the shortest amount of time it takes a player to reach the first crate, which represents the point where the developers ran out of ideas. This number is measured in seconds and is called "Start to Crate" or "StC". The smaller the StC, the worse the game."

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 01:31 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Find
Overkill232 Offline

Threads: 0

Doesn't work. I download it fine and put in my custom stories folder and it doesn't show up in the game. I was really looking forward to playing this one but it just doesn't want to work.
04-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-14-2012, 04:23 PM)Overkill232 Wrote: Doesn't work. I download it fine and put in my custom stories folder and it doesn't show up in the game. I was really looking forward to playing this one but it just doesn't want to work.
The folder that you unzip is not the actual folder that you put in your custom stories folder. It's the folder *within* that folder (with the similar name) that you put there.

04-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Do you mean in that age people had barrels everywhere?
Or do you mean the Amnesia editor only allows barrels there?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
04-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(04-14-2012, 04:59 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
Do you mean in that age people had barrels everywhere?
Or do you mean the Amnesia editor only allows barrels there?
not rly but in almost every customs tory are most barrels everywhere Big Grin
04-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
Tim0n Offline

Threads: 1

It was really good! Got alot of jumpscares in it which was funny also some funny moments 9/10! Big Grin

Video of me playing it Big Grin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yk2m4UIoj0

Check ouy my livestream - http://www.own3d.tv/Tim0n!
Or my youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/Tim0ntel!
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 05:23 PM by Tim0n.)
04-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Website Find