Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

If you liked my other posts check out this COD: Black Ops lucky headshot!
Vyrmin Offline

Threads: 6
If you liked my other posts check out this COD: Black Ops lucky headshot!

OK so i just bought black ops for my alienware pc and i freaking joined a ranked quick match and got this insane Headshot!!!!!

Heres the link guys -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEeB9JECfjk
03-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: If you liked my other posts check out this COD: Black Ops lucky headshot!

How is that related to Amnesia?

03-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

[Image: you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg]

Posting Freak
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Website Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

Mate mainstream fps arent exactly worshipped here. Im sure cod forums would be more interested

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

03-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-10-2012, 03:09 PM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: Mate mainstream fps arent exactly worshipped here. Im sure cod forums would be more interested
Says who?

I'm getting tired of all the pretentious hipster posts that are getting more and more common on these boards. Can't people be more open to taste instead of just buzzing off things that are mainstream and non-indie. Please, a little tolerance would be a welcomed change.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 03:32 PM by eliasfrost.)
03-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

It's quite sad that people with taste are being generalized into a tasteless, mindless community...

03-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Website Find
Vyrmin Offline

Threads: 6

(03-10-2012, 06:28 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: It's quite sad that people with taste are being generalized into a tasteless, mindless community...
Are you saying my video sucks or something? or are you talking about the guy who said that Black ops wasnt very popular around here?
03-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

(03-10-2012, 06:28 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: It's quite sad that people with taste are being generalized into a tasteless, mindless community...
Now you are being really unfair. I was mainly pointing out that there are too much "we and them" attitude on this forum and I find that rather disappointing. Maybe you feel hit by what I said, maybe not but I don't think we should belittle other people's efforts to get into the community (which I think should be open to everyone, even if they like CoD). If you honestly think that you "have taste" while mainsteam gamers don't (because that's what I got out of your post, correct me if I'm wrong) then I think you are being a little arrogant.

03-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

I was actually talking about xPICKLEMONSTER's post in a way that *mainstream* fps's does not always need to be crappy, but now this is going in a flame war. Especially after seeing two different people understanding two different things...

I find it interesting how blaming a community being hipster is normal and blaming same community being tasteless is being arrogant. I'm not saying anything about other people or their taste, but I don't understand how these two are different. Obviously I missing something.

The word *mainstream* is quite delusive and hypocrite; and I really don't like it (I actually don't like any word that tries to categorize any person like *hipster*). Anything that became popular can be exposed to haters by the term "mainstream". It's interesting that I've never seen Half Life 2 to be called mainstream, but CoD is being called mainstream by lots of people.
Just because a game has haters and/or fanboys doesn't make anyone hipster or tasteless. This, however, doesn't make anyone to have a taste. I've seen many people without taste, but it's their choice.

This wasn't a discussion about categorizing people, calling games mainstream, offending or defending someone. It was about Vyrmin's youtube video of him playing CoD Black Ops, and let's keep it that way.

03-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Then things are more clear. You didn't refer to any specific post and your reply was just below mine so I naturally assumed that you were talking to me.

And by hipster I meant just that a lot of people on here are being very "we and them" and that they feel entitled to be talking down to people that are too mainstream (in this specific case, kman and Picklemonster) I felt that it's not their business to present the face of this forum if they are to do it in such a foul way. This is not a matter of opinion, it's the way parts of this community is heading and I think it's time to point that out.

That said I wasn't specifically talking about you in the first post Tan and things kinda went out of hand in my false reply to your second post.

03-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Find