Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help How to make an intro to a custom story?
DrOctoganapus8 Offline

Threads: 4
How to make an intro to a custom story?

Hey I was wondering how people made "intros" to their custom stories. Much like how the dark descent had the the intro of Daniel walking through some corridors. How would I do that? Like have the character see different settings and hear some voices(I can do that) having them fade in and out, and then "wake-up" at the spawn.

If anyone can answer my question that would be outstanding! Thank you very much in advance!
03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: How to make an intro to a custom story?

You use different scripts to make a "intro", for example FadeIn and FadeOut and I guess StartPlayerLookAt.

You need to watch in the wiki for all the codes and then play around with the codes so you learn them then you can make a good intro.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

03-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

More specifically, what the Amnesia intro does is use Timers to run a bunch of scripts in sequence.

First it disables inventories, running, crouching, blurs your vision and slows you down.

Then it fades the screen in and out while teleporting the player to different Start Areas. Also, mixed with it is playing sounds and shifting the player's position (via MoveHeadPos and FadeRollTo, if I remember right.) Check out rainy_hall.hps in the maps folder for all the scripts they use and play around with them.

03-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

They are using a thing called Case which changes what happends

but cases are pretty advanced, if you don't know how to use them so I would rather suggest timers as Damascus said

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012, 12:59 AM by SilentStriker.)
03-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Find