Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Canceled]Legend of Herobrine
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
RE: DarkCrafting Inc. (A New team looking for modelers, voice actor, coders)

(03-15-2012, 08:23 PM)Vaelwing22 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 08:18 AM)darkadders Wrote: thats kinda cheap, usin an NPCvillage...
I sorta dropped the minecraft world because I could not figure out how to make a msh file out of it (because I am a noob at modeling)

"Hehe just throwing this out there, but Inc. means incorporated. And I highly doubt a fresh one-man mod team has a corporate business structure. :3
On another note, I'm actually interested to see this mod. There was an Amnesia-themed mod for Minecraft; A remake of The Dark Descent in the world of Minecraft, in fact. It seems fitting to do the reverse, or at least something similar [Image: smile.gif] Best of luck."
I dropped the whole minecraft world because someone made an Amnesia (Minesia) world and minecrafted it in a way soo...I am going to use the items from Amnesia and make it close to Minecraft and make herobrine more like a human.
Do you actually pay to those people who help you?

03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Find
A.I. Offline

Threads: 16

(03-15-2012, 08:25 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 08:18 AM)darkadders Wrote: thats kinda cheap, usin an NPCvillage...
I sorta dropped the minecraft world because I could not figure out how to make a msh file out of it (because I am a noob at modeling)

"Hehe just throwing this out there, but Inc. means incorporated. And I highly doubt a fresh one-man mod team has a corporate business structure. :3
On another note, I'm actually interested to see this mod. There was an Amnesia-themed mod for Minecraft; A remake of The Dark Descent in the world of Minecraft, in fact. It seems fitting to do the reverse, or at least something similar [Image: smile.gif] Best of luck."
I dropped the whole minecraft world because someone made an Amnesia (Minesia) world and minecrafted it in a way soo...I am going to use the items from Amnesia and make it close to Minecraft and make herobrine more like a human.
I gave up on the team thing, all I got was voice actors (THAT IS AWESOME), so I am going to request models and see if I could figure out how to do all this stuff with Amnesia so I don't have to go ask things from people.

03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(03-15-2012, 08:44 PM)Vaelwing22 Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 08:25 PM)Datguy5 Wrote:

I gave up on the team thing, all I got was voice actors (THAT IS AWESOME), so I am going to request models and see if I could figure out how to do all this stuff with Amnesia so I don't have to go ask things from people.
Alright

03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Find
A.I. Offline

RE: (Total Conversion) Legend of Herobrine (Needs Voice Actors)

Well, I got some maps done, I probably will not get much done because I am using my low end computer, my good one is messed up. I can do small things but I will try my best to keep up this map Smile. I have 4 different endings the way they are picked? No one will know. I also need voice actors and more updates will come really soon and I also added a progress bar with updates under it....I will occasionally post a reply if it is really important.

[Image: 1YV6ehh]
Formerly Vaelwing22
03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Find
A.I. Offline

I am really tired, it is 2:18 A.M I need to get to bed, I have been working on the new lantern for a little while, it is a some what simple model, but I CAN NOT TEXTURE IT!!! The material editor will not show, but thats why I look around on Maya *nod*. I am also adding a wooden stake, it is the same thing as the torch but not as cool looking, Screenies!! (You got to love them!)

Lantern!
[Image: 15we1w3.jpg]

Wooden Stake!
[Image: 2rh90e8.jpg]

Formerly Vaelwing22
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2012, 08:29 AM by A.I..)
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Uhm, I'm just going to let you know right now, those models look VERY high poly, they will not work within the engine, they'll simply create massive laggs.
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Find
A.I. Offline

(03-20-2012, 11:30 AM)Traggey Wrote: Uhm, I'm just going to let you know right now, those models look VERY high poly, they will not work within the engine, they'll simply create massive laggs.
What is the highest poly for a model? If the model excedes the poly limit I will make it less complex...

Formerly Vaelwing22
03-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Find
DerpandHerp Offline

Threads: 1

Im up for voice acting anyone but Herobrine (Demons hurt mah throat)
03-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(03-20-2012, 10:23 PM)Vaelwing22 Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 11:30 AM)Traggey Wrote: Uhm, I'm just going to let you know right now, those models look VERY high poly, they will not work within the engine, they'll simply create massive laggs.
What is the highest poly for a model? If the model excedes the poly limit I will make it less complex...
this model would MAX top about... 400 polygons. its best to make it as low as possible. using bumpmaps and normalmaps makes the edges soft, so you dont have to worry about edging. REMEMBER. you HAVE to make a bumpmap of your texture.. its not built into the engine. get crazybump or something to do it

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

Nice idea.
Though, you need to optimize those models. E.g that sharp stick could be just a 8-12 sided cylinder, which then turns into a spike. And even that is about how small it is. If it's the size of a hollow needle it could easily have 6-8 sides without losing the effect of being highly detailed. Also, I hope your editor supports smoothing groups...
You should use 3ds Max. It's free and you can also texture the models within the editor. Unwrapping those models should be pretty easy since they are only bunch of cylinders.
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Find