Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with driver update
missmicike Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Help with driver update

Hello,

I'm trying to play Amnesia on a laptop (Fujitsu Siemens, Amilo Pi 2530), with a video card Mobility Radeon X2300 HD, and my operating system is Windows Vista. My problem is with the OpenGL, my device is not yet 2.1.

I've read the troubleshooting guide countless times, and tried to do what it says. My problem is with the legacy catalyst display driver. I downloaded the correct one, (this: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...ng=English ) and installed it. Is it supposed to do something? It has a setup.exe that installes a few things, but nothing else happens...

The other thing is, I just can't find updated drivers for my video card. I looked on Fujitsu-Siemens's page also, but all I could download from there was an exe file. The guide says I should get a zip. Unless I have a zip I can't do the have disk method.
If someone knows where can I get the updated driver, please link it to me...

I'm sorry for causing problems, I'm not a computer-expert...
I attached the hpl.log just in case.
Thanks in advance

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.18 KB / Downloads: 86)
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 02:41 PM by missmicike.)
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Help with driver update

1) From where did you get the game? It it not updated at all.
2) The Have Disk Method is for Intel HD cards only (at least the way it guides you there)
3) The drivers you downloaded from AMD are for desktop computers. Most probably you need modded desktop drivers for laptops since AMD does not support your graphics card. Try this: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...etect.aspx
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM by plutomaniac.)
03-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Find