Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Massacre [UPDATED]
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
RE: The Massacre

hey come down guys, i think he's just a beginner ô.o
you make it just more worse when you take him down like this
03-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

Threads: 2

(03-25-2012, 12:42 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: well, played.

good scares!

and bug - when i enters to door marked "Jacob" - game crashes to desktop.
whatta?
[Image: M5i1Dl.png]
Ehh the credit rolls didnt work again, i have to rescript that again and fix it up but theres nothing after that so yea its the end of it. Thanks for the feedback tho!

(03-25-2012, 12:47 PM)Skashi Wrote: hey come down guys, i think he's just a beginner ô.o
you make it just more worse when you take him down like this
It's alright mate i honestly don't mind, i do this just as a timekiller cause its fun especially scaring all you're mates, when people put very negative comments its actually a very good thing as long as they specify what's wrong not "Its shit." but more of "Its shit because bla bla", but i think its a good start in my opinion

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM by juxhin.)
03-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

My thoughts

Spoiler below!
Yeah, it definitely needs serious work. There's clipping problems for one, I see quite a bit of flickering textures. You should definitely work on wall/floor placement because there's gaps all over the maps where the walls don't meet with the floor, and in the Grandfather's Bedroom, under that small ascending staircase, you didn't even finish that wall, so you're able to basically leave the map, which isn't a good thing. Your doors and items have some weird problems to them that I've never seen before. Sometimes I couldn't pick up certain objects that I was able to pick up only seconds before (such as boxes and chairs), and your doors lack a doorway and also are near impossible to open. Whenever I wanted to open them, I had to put the cursor on the edge of the door next to the hinges and open it because clicking any other part of the door made it impossible to open, and I think it glitches for the monsters because in that long room with the oil refill, the monster chased me, I shut the door on him, and he was stuck in there. He wouldn't break the door or anything, he just kept running into the wall. I did like that whole fake out with the oil refill, that was pretty clever. I'd take a look and see why the doors and items do that, see if you can fix it. Also, for some reason, the hammer works on nothing, so I ran around for a while until I saw a key in the water room. Problem is, I couldn't pick it up. I dunno if thats as far as I can go or what, but yeah. The overall layout of the rooms seems fine despite needing a touch up, and monster placement seems fine as well.

So yeah, definitely needs lots of work, but you're on your way

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

(03-25-2012, 09:48 PM)Kaizy Wrote: My thoughts

Spoiler below!
Yeah, it definitely needs serious work. There's clipping problems for one, I see quite a bit of flickering textures. You should definitely work on wall/floor placement because there's gaps all over the maps where the walls don't meet with the floor, and in the Grandfather's Bedroom, under that small ascending staircase, you didn't even finish that wall, so you're able to basically leave the map, which isn't a good thing. Your doors and items have some weird problems to them that I've never seen before. Sometimes I couldn't pick up certain objects that I was able to pick up only seconds before (such as boxes and chairs), and your doors lack a doorway and also are near impossible to open. Whenever I wanted to open them, I had to put the cursor on the edge of the door next to the hinges and open it because clicking any other part of the door made it impossible to open, and I think it glitches for the monsters because in that long room with the oil refill, the monster chased me, I shut the door on him, and he was stuck in there. He wouldn't break the door or anything, he just kept running into the wall. I did like that whole fake out with the oil refill, that was pretty clever. I'd take a look and see why the doors and items do that, see if you can fix it. Also, for some reason, the hammer works on nothing, so I ran around for a while until I saw a key in the water room. Problem is, I couldn't pick it up. I dunno if thats as far as I can go or what, but yeah. The overall layout of the rooms seems fine despite needing a touch up, and monster placement seems fine as well.

Thanks a million for the feedback mate much appreciated, i know the maps needs ALOT of working to do on but its very hard when you work completely on your own in your spare time.. what i wanted to focus on was the scripting and the main things about the story and slowly fix every bit of the map itself, i'll fix the doors and stairways right now. Also the key on in the water room is pickable but i'll fix it so that you can pick up from a longer distance. The hammer is used to break the wall later on but you need to get the key to open grandpa's room up the stairs in his bedroom. Thanks again for the feedback really needed it and will work on it
03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28

(03-25-2012, 10:01 PM)juxhin Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Thanks a million for the feedback mate much appreciated, i know the maps needs ALOT of working to do on but its very hard when you work completely on your own in your spare time.. what i wanted to focus on was the scripting and the main things about the story and slowly fix every bit of the map itself, i'll fix the doors and stairways right now. Also the key on in the water room is pickable but i'll fix it so that you can pick up from a longer distance. The hammer is used to break the wall later on but you need to get the key to open grandpa's room up the stairs in his bedroom. Thanks again for the feedback really needed it and will work on it
if you need some entities from this website,

http://www.models-resource.com/

post me a link and i'll make it for you as entitie how you want it =)
maybe it makes your stories more atractive ;D
03-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

(03-25-2012, 10:04 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 10:01 PM)juxhin Wrote:

Spoiler below!

if you need some entities from this website,

http://www.models-resource.com/

post me a link and i'll make it for you as entitie how you want it =)
maybe it makes your stories more atractive ;D
PMed you mate thanks Big Grin
03-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

RE: The Massacre [UPDATED]

Updated it, fixed most clipped walls that i could find (took like 3 hours) .. added a few more things, there are a few sounds that are missing when unlocking doors but that can be fixed easily also some maps area got messed up but i'll fix it (small stuff). If you find anymore bugs please report, Thanks to Skashi for letting me use his sounds and also tell me if this story is worth continuing or not cause its alot of work and i don't think ill work on it if people don't like it so yea. All feedback is welcome, even the shitty ones!
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

Guess i'll leave this as an unifnished project. Was a nice experience though, very interesting. Thanks to everyone for all the honest feedback!
04-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102

(03-23-2012, 02:51 PM)juxhin Wrote: Alright guys, its a bit more updated. The first 2 levels of my first CS are done, i would LOVE any feedback possible (even feedback saying its shit just try being specific please) from you guys. Please read the description and also guys don't bother giving me any feedback regarding the map overlaying etc. I know i need to fix that but still need to find the time for it. Also i don't want to give you any introduction from here as i would like to know if you guys understood the story more or less from the first 2 levels ( and also the story title ). Cheers!

[Image: capture1y.png]

[Image: capturesjb.png]

#mce_temp_url#
cant download , links dead

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
04-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Website Find
juxhin Offline

Yea took it off ..
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM