Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Laugh in the Darkness - Chapter 2 [The Door]
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
RE: A Laugh in the Darkness - Chapter 2 [The Door]

(03-24-2012, 11:55 AM)Officer D Wrote: Unfortunately I already recorded my LP for this and making a new one wouldn't surprise as much. So I'm keeping my recordings of the lagging but will definitely try the fixed version.
okey, hope you had fun anyway Big Grin
03-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Find
Cloaked Offline

Threads: 3

Yay Chapter 2, will try it out later and also record a LP for it Big Grin
03-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Find
Officer D Offline

Threads: 0

Ok here's my take on it Smile

The lag starts at 7:09 Sad STill a great story. Although the first one was much better imho as I mentioned befor.

03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(03-24-2012, 01:44 PM)Officer D Wrote: Ok here's my take on it Smile

The lag starts at 7:09 Sad STill a great story. Although the first one was much better imho as I mentioned befor.

well i'm actually disapointed that this story isn't so well...

Lets Play is very entertaining by the way, thank you
(03-24-2012, 05:58 AM)Kaizy Wrote: Okay, so I played through it on my stream

Spoiler below!
I enjoyed the map probably as much as the first one. It wasn't as scary as the first, but it still freaked me out a few times, especially that jumpscare right when you enter the second area, seriously I was NOT expecting that. I don't know if it was just my graphic settings or not, but some of the lighting needs touching up, as some of the shadows are pixelated. That giant caterpillar thing was weird, I have no idea what that was about lol. I like how you kept the atmosphere pretty creepy, but I missed all those creepy clown noises around the area to keep me more at edge. There's a glitch in the first area in the room with the chainsaw. If you jump into the farthest locker to the right that has the Chemistry Pot, you get stuck and cannot get out of the locker. I had to restart the map, thankfully I wasn't far though.

Overall, the map was still pretty creepy, and managed to scare me, but it felt somewhat shorter than the first one for some reason. I dunno if thats true, but it did. Can't wait to see what you come up with next dude :U

Link to the stream video:
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy/video?cl...m=ui-thumb
i think when you played it... there was the music from luigis mansion... this happens when you have nintendo castle horror, sry for this fucking error, repaired..
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 02:25 PM by Skashi.)
03-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(03-24-2012, 12:07 PM)Cloaked Wrote: Yay Chapter 2, will try it out later and also record a LP for it Big Grin
download new link first, old is laggy
03-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Damn, I have no idea how in the world I missed this. I loved the first one (Pluses since I'm a brony XD)! However, it's quite late here now. So I'm going to have to try playing it tomorrow, or some other day.

I'll be sure to give your feedback, and constructive criticism if I notice anything^^
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 06:53 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(03-24-2012, 06:49 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Damn, I have no idea how in the world I missed this. I loved the first one (Pluses since I'm a brony XD)! However, it's quite late here now. So I'm going to have to try playing it tomorrow, or some other day.

I'll be sure to give your feedback, and constructive criticism if I notice anything^^
you can be hard to me with critic. Wink
03-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Find
Nickshrike Offline

Threads: 1

Been a silent fan of yours for a while, just never decided to make an account til' now.

Spoiler below!
This game managed to give me a bigger jump than all of your house of creep series with the random Suitor which popped up near the start >_< I wasn't expecting it at all as I thought your serious games wouldn't have jump scares.

The game itself was great like the first one, succeeded in making that creepy atmosphere that I love about Amnesia.

Only a few things which could be changed or something:
It would be nice if you could make a way to open all the other doors that are shut with some extra content behind them, maybe just bonus rooms or something.

Also, when I first got the teddy I managed to chuck it down the other side of the bed because im an idiot, I then had to restart. Any chance you could prevent it from getting accidentally out of reach? Or even just a way to make it go back to where it was.

Overall though, I loved it. Keep up the good work =D
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 08:38 PM by Nickshrike.)
03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(03-24-2012, 08:38 PM)Nickshrike Wrote: Been a silent fan of yours for a while, just never decided to make an account til' now.

Spoiler below!
This game managed to give me a bigger jump than all of your house of creep series with the random Suitor which popped up near the start >_< I wasn't expecting it at all as I thought your serious games wouldn't have jump scares.

The game itself was great like the first one, succeeded in making that creepy atmosphere that I love about Amnesia.

Only a few things which could be changed or something:
It would be nice if you could make a way to open all the other doors that are shut with some extra content behind them, maybe just bonus rooms or something.

Also, when I first got the teddy I managed to chuck it down the other side of the bed because im an idiot, I then had to restart. Any chance you could prevent it from getting accidentally out of reach? Or even just a way to make it go back to where it was.

Overall though, I loved it. Keep up the good work =D

thx, and i think nobody found the bonus room till now Big Grin

03-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Find
jakerty Offline

Threads: 0
Thumbs Up  RE: A Laugh in the Darkness - Chapter 2 [The Door]

Whew, took me bit over an hour to pass this custom story. I just hate searching items in the darkness Big Grin
Anyway really unique and cool map, keep up the great work! Waiting for ch. 3 Tongue

Spoiler below!
I almost fell off my chair when this suitor came, just holy shit!
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM by jakerty.)
03-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Find