Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i use a video as a intro to a mod?
djwhatkid Offline

Threads: 3
Can i use a video as a intro to a mod?

Hi soo i know how to make a intro sony vegas but could it work as a intro in amnesia?
03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Find
RedMser Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Can i use a video as a intro to a mod?

(03-25-2012, 06:22 PM)djwhatkid Wrote: Hi soo i know how to make a intro sony vegas but could it work as a intro in amnesia?
I don't even think this is possible (don't blame me if it's wrong, I didn't ever try to make intros for my stories). You can use the HeadPos and PlayerLook commands to make an intro in Amnesia. There are many stories using this to make an intro (if it should show a text, just make a material and place the camera directly infront of it). I don't know what you exactly mean with intro, but if you just need to fly around a corridor or so, you can use that.
03-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

It's not possible to use any kind of video format in amnesia, the only way is to as DoubleThinking said use scripts to make a intro Smile

03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7

If you would like to make something like a movie, you could use animations (with a lot of images). I did something like that when I created a TV with a movie playing on the screen.
I used a spotlight with Anim Mode: Loop, a lot of images and a short frame time - worked great.
Prolly not what you were asking for, but it's possible to create some kind of movie with images in the game - but it's kinda much work.
03-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(03-25-2012, 07:38 PM)Mackiiboy Wrote: If you would like to make something like a movie, you could use animations (with a lot of images). I did something like that when I created a TV with a movie playing on the screen.
I used a spotlight with Anim Mode: Loop, a lot of images and a short frame time - worked great.
Prolly not what you were asking for, but it's possible to create some kind of movie with images in the game - but it's kinda much work.
Really?I didnt know that.

03-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

(03-25-2012, 07:38 PM)Mackiiboy Wrote: If you would like to make something like a movie, you could use animations (with a lot of images). I did something like that when I created a TV with a movie playing on the screen.
Yes that works but is just too much effort for such a small thing Smile

03-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Find