Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Recidivus
Greven Offline

Threads: 13
Photo  Recidivus

[Image: a0ymx4.jpg]
(This is my first custom story)
Story
The year is 1306. The age where magic was dominant in usage of power, lighting and energy overall.
Your name is Adam. You're a 25-year old male who is working for a duke named Adrian in the town of
Boule D'amont. Adam works as a local gardener and has known Adrian since he was about 5 years old, thanks to his parents' connections to Adrians'.

Adam and Adrian were much alike in many ways which is why Adrian gave so much attention to him.
Adrian offered him women, servants, wealth and a good job. But being the humble and innocent person, Adam declined the propositions and took up the task of being the towns local gardener, because he liked being outside and meeting the local people.

One day while Adam was doing one of Adrians ”unusual” jobs, in this case fetching him what seemed like a blue magic-imbued piece of glass, he felt like he's being watched from somewhere. Disregarding his unsettling feelings, he continues towards the room the piece of glass is located. As he enters the room where the piece is, he hears the door slam shut behind him and as he turns around he soon feels an electric impulse throughout his entire body before he goes completely numb. The last thing he remembers is feeling a knife stuck in between his ribs and seeing the face of a young woman with a brown robe on as she bends down over you crying saying "I'm sorry".

As you can probably read from the title of the story you can probably guess whats going to happen next.

What can i expect from this story?:
  • No random unlogical jumpscares (As I detest jumpscares and things that are illogical)
  • A unique story with intriguing enviroments
  • Lots of voice acting
  • Adrenaline pumping scares
  • Some community made custom models from some of the communities best
Progress:
- Mapping 60%
- Scripting 5%
- Voice acting 0%
- Story 99.9999%

Im writing this thread because I want some critisism on the story and the screens that will be posted in the near future.

Screenshots:
Spoiler below!

[Image: The_Actual_Resurrecton.jpg]

[Image: Amnesia_2012_02_28_02_08_00_75.jpg]

[Image: Amnesia_2012_04_24_14_35_58_34.jpg]

A trailer of the custom story will be up soon

"Please let me know what you think" -Gabe Newell.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2012, 09:45 PM by Greven.)
03-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: The Ressurection

The setting and background certainly seem more original. I look forward to seeing how this project will pan out.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
03-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Find
Greven Offline

Yeah we tried to make a somewhat original story, Though since none of the current members can do custom models we are limited to certain enviroments.

[WIP] Recidivus
03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

I can voice act.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Website Find
Greven Offline

Saw you on another post and thought you did make some really nice voice acting. If you think you can fit the role then by all means try these lines and upload them to sound cloud so i can hear them.
"(Relieved)Ah, so you're finally awake. You almost had me worried there Adam"
"(Calm)These are "links", or "portals" as we call them."

[WIP] Recidivus
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM by Greven.)
03-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Alright,I'll voice them tomorrow.Is there any other ways you want me to voice them?Just calm and relieved?No specific voice like deep or normal?

Voice actor

Painful shadows

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2012, 06:20 PM by kartanonperuna.)
03-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Website Find
Greven Offline

(03-28-2012, 06:18 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Alright,I'll voice them tomorrow.Is there any other ways you want me to voice them?Just calm and relieved?No specific voice like deep or normal?
Try going a bit deep. Adrian is a wise man who always seeks more knowledge. But dont forget how old he is so you dont sound like an old man Tongue

[WIP] Recidivus
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Find
I will disagree Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Resurrection

(03-27-2012, 08:35 PM)Greven Wrote: The last thing he remembers is seeing a knife stuck in between his ribs and the face of a young woman with a brown robe on as she bends down over you crying saying "I'm sorry".

As you can probably read from the title of the story you can probably guess whats going to happen next.
The ressu erection happens?

Typo in title feels kinda big, just saying
03-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Find
Greven Offline

That is correct.

And thanks for the heads up changed so it is correct now.

[WIP] Recidivus
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

http://soundcloud.com/kartanonperuna/set...andomlines

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Website Find