Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling insanity script?!
pizzaclutch Offline

Threads: 1
Lightbulb  Disabling insanity script?!

Hey guys.
I just started making my first custom story.

I am no pro at the scripting syntax nor do I realize the extent of what exactly I can do with the scripts.
I can figure it out.. but I am wondering if there is a way to disable insanity effects within my custom story.
I wonder this because I want my story to be exceptionally dark, with very minimal lighting; I do not want to have the player becoming insane and dropping to a crawl because of this fact.

I also wonder if it is possible to edit the intensity / brightness and / or radius of the light provided by a lantern. For my proposed idea of the map, I feel as if the lantern provides TOO much light for my liking.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 10:59 PM by pizzaclutch.)
03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Disabling insanity script?!

SetSanityDrainDisabled, though this would still allow sanity loss by looking at monsters and by dealing sanity damage. If you make a full conversion, you can control at what amount of light sanity is lost in, how fast the player loses sanity, etc.

If you post in the wrong section, DO NOT duplicate the topic in the correct section. There's a REPORT feature of the forums: use that instead to report your own topic.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM by Your Computer.)
03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Website Find
pizzaclutch Offline

Threads: 1

Awesome, thanks!

and, alright, will do if it happens again. lol.
03-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(03-27-2012, 10:55 PM)Your Computer Wrote: SetSanityDrainDisabled, though this would still allow sanity loss by looking at monsters and by dealing sanity damage. If you make a full conversion, you can control at what amount of light sanity is lost in, how fast the player loses sanity, etc.
Is it possible in a full conversion to change the blue glow lighting when the player is standing in darkness?
03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

(03-28-2012, 02:29 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 10:55 PM)Your Computer Wrote: SetSanityDrainDisabled, though this would still allow sanity loss by looking at monsters and by dealing sanity damage. If you make a full conversion, you can control at what amount of light sanity is lost in, how fast the player loses sanity, etc.
Is it possible in a full conversion to change the blue glow lighting when the player is standing in darkness?
I think it's possible to disable that

03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(03-28-2012, 02:29 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Is it possible in a full conversion to change the blue glow lighting when the player is standing in darkness?

Player_Darkness::AmbientLightColor might be what you're looking for.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Website Find