Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Future plans...
Ca-Kal-Oh! Offline

Threads: 3
Future plans...

This is actually a question for the creators of Penumbra, but any other comments are most welcomeSmile
I am interested what are the future plans(if any)for you guys, after you release Penumbra:Black Plague?
More precisely, Im a bit curious if you have abandoned UNBIRTH(I trully hope you haven't), or you are still having plans for it?
I know that Penumbra is a "successor" of Unbirth, but as you said the games have different story, ideas, etc. so I hope there is still place for it to come back to life again!
If you don't have such plans, please at least answer me if you are going to continue with the horror genre or not?
I have played countless horror games, but I think you have one of the greatest potentials for this genre.

Im sorry if I'am asking too much, but theese things have been bothering meSad
BestSmile
11-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Future plans...

Thats exatly why they made the ending the way they did. They wanted us to be left asking questions.
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Penumbra: the movie

But I'm anxious to see what they do next; if they do stick together. I doubt they'll continue using the HPL engine, and possible create a much better version of the HPL. But they should stick to horror games.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
11-24-2007, 03:36 AM
Find
AdamP Offline

Threads: 3

They've made an amazing horror game, but that doesn't mean they can't do as well in other genre's, I'm excited about what they have done and what they will do, I'm sure whatever it is it will be great, whether prequel sequel or something totally new! I would like to see more from this engine though, I really like it and would like to see where else it can be taken!
11-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Find
Great_Cthulhu Offline

Threads: 0

I love Penumbra very much and somehow the game reminds me of Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness."
So I would love to see a Cthulhu game done by them, especially one that takes place in the Antarctis where the Mountains of Madness are standing. That would be a really awesome game. I really hope they will make a Cthulhu game after Penumbra, I believe they are the only ones who can do it right.
BTW I'm already really excited for the next Penumbra episode.
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Find