Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulley with Ropes
RedMser Offline

Threads: 12
Pulley with Ropes

So I did create ropes, and there is a basket attached to it laying on the floor with a brick on it. On the other side (using a pulley) there is a lantern hanging at the ceiling. I created it using 3 ropes... So when you take away the brick, the basket should get pulled up by the rope and the lantern should fall down because the lantern is more heavier than the basket. But how to do that? I have a script checking once the brick isn't laying on the basket anymore. All I need is to know how to make the rope pull up on the basket one (it seems very easy to make the lantern fall - using static physics)?

EDIT: Also I beleave this is the wrong category... Meh.
EDIT2: Yeah it should be in CS Development Support... I am really new to this forum, so don't blame me Confused
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM by RedMser.)
03-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Pulley with Ropes

In your case, you can probably pull it off with a hidden wheel object. Ropes can be controlled with a wheel entity and wheel entities can be controlled through scripting. If you attach the ropes to a wheel entity and adjust the wheel entities' states, you should be able to pull it off. However, this is something i've never done before but have thought about doing. Justine should have some good examples on how to do this in its first map.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Website Find
RedMser Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Pulley with Ropes

Yeah. I did take a look at that map. Thats how I made the rope work. But their script is really messy... I will take a better look at it later. If anyone in the meantime knows a script or tutorial or some sort like that, please answer. But I beleave it won't be that hard if I look into their script for a little bit longer...

EDIT1: As it looks like they are using a wooden slide door to move the rope up aswell as a valve turning, both outside of the map. However, the script is a bit weird... I will try to understand it a bit more.
EDIT2: OK I solved it all. For the lantern, the static physics thing didn't work, so I tried and placing the slidedoor upside down, and it worked! After some time it's easy solving problems Big Grin Still thanks for your help.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2012, 03:19 PM by RedMser.)
03-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Find