Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Request Professional Voice Actors needed
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
Professional Voice Actors needed

Derrick: A young man, main character, will speak a lot. The person who takes this task needs to be available, and professional.

Sample to speak: "Damn it! This thing is never going to work soaked in mud! [pause] What luck..."

Ellis: Elderly man, main character, will speak moderately. Needs to be professional

Sample to speak: "You fool. You have no idea what I was doing, and now, you have screwed everyone." (Evil/disappointed)

Libby: Middle aged woman, partial character, will speak less. Needs to be professional.

Sample to speak: "I love you Derrick" (Mother like)

Please post or send your version of the line above, and we will contact you via PM if we want to use you.

Thanks!
~Slade

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM by JetlinerX.)
03-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Professional Voice Actors needed

When you say "young" and "elderly", could you specify an age range? I imagine that "young" could mean anything from 13 to 25. How weak/frail is the elderly?
Also, what class or profession are we talking about? Noblemen (upper), butlers (middle), farmers (lower)?
For a good line, I'd like to know exactly in what situation (and state) the character is in, or at least what he's referring to, but that's not as necessary as age and class is.

Edit:
While I have very little idea of what you're going for (and I've never played your stories), here's a few attached samples.
While "professional" implies that people will be hired and paid for their work, I'm assuming that you mean simply "good", but if I'm doing this for free, I'd like to know just how many lines/voiceovers we're talking about. 10? 20? 50?

Attached Files
.zip   Acting sample.zip (Size: 1.46 MB / Downloads: 99)

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012, 08:05 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

(04-01-2012, 06:15 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: When you say "young" and "elderly", could you specify an age range? I imagine that "young" could mean anything from 13 to 25. How weak/frail is the elderly?

Also, what class or profession are we talking about? Noblemen (upper), butlers (middle), farmers (lower)?

For a good line, I'd like to know exactly in what situation (and state) the character is in, or at least what he's referring to, but that's not as necessary as age and class is.
I am sorry, I was looking for interested people to start, and then if I saw interest, I would provide details. The job can pay actually, if we do find someone great, we are willing to pay them, though not much.

Very upper class family, Ellis is very old/frail, and Derick is about 18 years old.

ATTENTION:

BELOW IS AN INSANE SPOILER FOR THE ATTIC CHAPTER THREE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Spoiler below!

Derrick has just tripped, and lost his lantern, and Ellis' plans have been ruined.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I've watched an LP of chapter 1 and 2 now, and toward the end of chapter 1 we heard Ellis speak, and he doesn't sound older than 40. Has he aged a lot in chapter 3?
Also, I found Ellis' line hard to do because I was supposed to sound disappointed. Not furious, not upset, although evidently "everyone is screwed". "Oh, fiddlesticks - you doomed us all." sounds a little weird, but it's your game.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

I will voice these later.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Website Find
Farlen Offline

Threads: 0

I'm in the process of investing in a new microphone but it won't be here for another week or two, is there a deadline for "Applications", as it were?

-Farlen
04-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

@Farlen: No deadline as of right now.

@Cranky Old Man: No, we just ran out of time, and had to use a last resort voice actor, who wasnt exactly what we were looking for, so he hasn't aged, but his voice actor will change and hopefully he will sound more realistic for the final chapter.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 03:35 PM by JetlinerX.)
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Website Find
bmw4acting Offline

Hi! Here's my audition for 'Libby'-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65301121/Libby%20Mother-Brittany%20M.mp3
I hope we can work together on this project! Smile

Thank you!
Brittany
04-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

@BMW - Possible to make it more "breathy?" Like soft, as if someone were sleeping, and you were telling them you love them. Wink

Thanks, I await your next version! Big Grin

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Website Find
bmw4acting Offline

For sure! Here's a 2nd try Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65301121/Libby%20Try2.mp3
04-10-2012, 10:23 PM