Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ignore this post
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: How do i make teleporting naked guys?

To make teleporting naked guys:

Step 1) Uninstall Amnesia
Step 2) Find another hobby

04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

LOLOLOLOL EVERY1 NOES THAT ADDING TH!S JUMPSKARE TO YUR MAP MACKES IT TEH W0RST THING U CULD DO!1!!1111!!!11111!!.

Seeing the peoples reaction to a guy asking for help in this thread is seriously making me consider leaving this forum. Fuck sake.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 01:04 AM by flamez3.)
04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9

Instead of a naked guy why not replace it with a dissapearing grunt or shit like that

04-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-03-2012, 01:02 AM)flamez3 Wrote: LOLOLOLOL EVERY1 NOES THAT ADDING TH!S JUMPSKARE TO YUR MAP MACKES IT TEH W0RST THING U CULD DO!1!!1111!!!11111!!.

Seeing the peoples reaction to a guy asking for help in this thread is seriously making me consider leaving this forum. Fuck sake.
You know I can understand your frustration with this (as it is getting a little bit ridiculous how many people are complaining about it and the rate at which it happens) but you have to see where people are coming from. Obviously pretty much everyone in this thread is opposed to jumpscares/teleporting naked guys and would rather if less maps that are focused on them be released. Not to mention that I'm sure a lot of them are sick of answering development questions that could be solved easily by doing a small ounce of research. combine these two things and most people aren't going to want to help the person. They're basically asking a bunch of people how to do the exact thing they hate when they could have easily found it out on their own. Do you see why people would react this way? Again, like I said, I can actually see why this whole situation is annoying you but you have to see things from both sides...

Posting Freak
04-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Website Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

I am seeing it from both sides. One side is trying to make a custom story, learning how to and understanding scripting and mapping. Seeing that people use jump scares are effective most of the time this guy would like to know how to make one. And the other side is as you said, tired of answering questions and annoyed because their opinion isn't the same as the OP. 6 People in this thread don't even help people, making it look like they can here just to complain.

04-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

"Teleporting naked guys"? Who is this story for - PewDiePie, or people looking to actually play horror stories? If it's the latter, then use things that scare you. If suddenly appearing corpses don't scare you more than that you can refer to them as "teleporting naked guys", then you should rethink the scare.

That being said, you can place an entity into a level and then deactivate it in its map parameters, making it disappear. Later you can activate it with a script, and then add a timer for its deactivation again. If you want to actually do scripting, you should be willing to understand at least the basics about scripting, and not ask people to write scripts for you. To use 90s slang, that's being "a lamer".

Also, use Shift.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(04-03-2012, 01:43 AM)flamez3 Wrote: I am seeing it from both sides. One side is trying to make a custom story, learning how to and understanding scripting and mapping. Seeing that people use jump scares are effective most of the time this guy would like to know how to make one. And the other side is as you said, tired of answering questions and annoyed because their opinion isn't the same as the OP. 6 People in this thread don't even help people, making it look like they can here just to complain.
Fine, you want to play that way? Well what I see is one person that'd rather repeat something that's already been done a hundred times than come up with something new and interesting, and that doesn't want to do it themselves so they make others do it for them. And the other side is angry because they see dozens of people pouring in here every month with that exact same mindset and questions that are sick of people doing the same thing. And besides, it's a forum, the whole point of it is to have discussion with others, and sometimes they don't think the same way. The whole reason mods even exist is so that people can express creative ideas, stories, etc. via games without having to make a whole new game, just doing the same thing over and over again isn't creative in any sort of way, and neither is having people do the work for you rather than learning it yourself and getting a new skill. You know I can't help but see a bit of hypocrisy in your posts... Every time that someone makes a post stating their opinion that's in some way against jumpscares you're there saying something about how you're sick of those types of posts (and before you say the exact same thing to me, because yes I acknowledge I have done the exact same thing in the past, know that I've actually been trying to tone down on posts like that) but then if someone shares their opinions about jumpscares in a positive way there's NOTHING wrong with it. I'm sorry, but why is it ok for one person to have a certain opinion on a topic but other people are in the wrong for having the opposite opinion? Forums were made so people could talk and express their opinions.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 03:02 AM by Kman.)
04-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Website Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

What Kman's trying to say: Not only are people entitled to their opinions and the ability to express them, but if people really want to learn how to do these things they should do so by asking how to accomplish more original, interesting, and maybe complicated things instead of gimmicks.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
04-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

1. I am sick of people regurgitating the same opinions the same thing over and over.

2. The difference is when I state my opinions, I do it in a discussion thread (like the development articles and ect), where someone is willing to express and provide a rebuttal to my my opinions. Not in a help thread, when someone is asking for assistance.

Just because someone is asking for a script to do a scare, doesn't mean he can be picked on. This a forum yes, but this sub-forum is for helping. If people can not help with the problem he is asking for, do not fucking post.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 04:36 AM by flamez3.)
04-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(04-03-2012, 04:33 AM)flamez3 Wrote: 1. I am sick of people regurgitating the same opinions the same thing over and over.

2. The difference is when I state my opinions, I do it in a discussion thread (like the development articles and ect), where someone is willing to express and provide a rebuttal to my my opinions. Not in a help thread, when someone is asking for assistance.

Just because someone is asking for a script to do a scare, doesn't mean he can be picked on. This a forum yes, but this sub-forum is for helping. If people can not help with the problem he is asking for, do not fucking post.
The only reason I posted in the first place was first, Homicide was confused as to what the guy wanted so I figured I'd explain and second, I felt I should be aloud to respond to a post you made that's not directly related to helping the guy in an equal manor. As for people saying the same thing, yes I will admit people are saying this kind of stuff a LOT, but at the same time I can guarantee you you could go into half the threads in the showcase section from the last month and you'd find someone saying how amazing jumpscare maps are and how they love jumpscares. I will admit though that it's out of place for people to be posting this kind of stuff here though.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 05:22 AM by Kman.)
04-03-2012, 05:21 AM
Website Find