Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom model - litle problem
SunCioX Offline

Threads: 6
Custom model - litle problem

Hi all!

I have custom wood box, but only i can't grab this thing? Just standing there and how to fix that? Blush

[Image: problem.jpg]

ty
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Custom model - litle problem

Import the model into ModelEditor and use the shape tool to make a box around the mesh. Then click the purple shape and click "Create Body". It will turn green here. Click the shape again and change its mass to about 20 (since it is a box). This gives it physics. Then go to the tab on the right that says "Attachments", pick the "Submesh" button, "Attach", and pick the box mesh. Click Done and now it is a basic entity. NOTE: If you click the configuration button on the bottom (looks like cog wheels), you can play around with the model.

NOW go back to the editing windows and pick "User Defined Variables" and change "StaticProp" To "Object" and Type to "Grab". Save the .ent and you should be able to pick it up now.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012, 09:20 PM by Statyk.)
04-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Find
SunCioX Offline

(04-02-2012, 09:16 PM)Statyk Wrote: Import the model into ModelEditor and use the shape tool to make a box around the mesh. Then click the purple shape and click "Create Body". It will turn green here. Click the shape again and change its mass to about 20 (since it is a box). This gives it physics. Then go to the tab on the right that says "Attachments", pick the "Submesh" button, "Attach", and pick the box mesh. Click Done and now it is a basic entity. NOTE: If you click the configuration button on the bottom (looks like cog wheels), you can play around with the model.

NOW go back to the editing windows and pick "User Defined Variables" and change "StaticProp" To "Object" and Type to "Grab". Save the .ent and you should be able to pick it up now.
Hi!

Thank you for this great tutorial but i have still litle problem? Blush

this is ok:
[Image: 01.jpg]

but in game nothing?
[Image: 02.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 09:11 AM by SunCioX.)
04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Find
SunCioX Offline

ok i think now it's working everything ok with helping SplitHeadProduction and Statyk TY so much Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM by SunCioX.)
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Find