Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justine: Cheating Possible?
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
Justine: Cheating Possible?

I know how to cheat in Amnesia: The Dark Descent but because it involves editing savegame files I can't do it with Justine; as we all know, Justine has no save feature!

Can anyone explain how to achieve something like God Mode in the expansion pack?

Cheers!

P.S. Please avoid posting lectures about how bad/lame/pointless cheating is and how it ruins the atmosphere and how I'm not playing the game as it was intended to be played and how only "noobs" need cheats etc. etc. etc.
04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Justine: Cheating Possible?

These techniques might still work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96qYDJ3J2Q

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Website Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Thanks man, I'll have to test out those glitches! Big Grin

I was really hoping for infinite health so I could explore a few places through which I'd normally be running to avoid enemies. You never know, maybe one of these glitches will help avoid a monster spawn trigger!

Cheers Smile
04-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-02-2012, 10:47 PM)Paddy Wrote: I was really hoping for infinite health so I could explore a few places through which I'd normally be running to avoid enemies.
Well, there's always the way of opening up the maps in the level editor.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Find
Ultimegastriker Offline

Threads: 5

(04-02-2012, 09:32 PM)Paddy Wrote: I know how to cheat in Amnesia: The Dark Descent but because it involves editing savegame files I can't do it with Justine; as we all know, Justine has no save feature!

Can anyone explain how to achieve something like God Mode in the expansion pack?

Cheers!

P.S. Please avoid posting lectures about how bad/lame/pointless cheating is and how it ruins the atmosphere and how I'm not playing the game as it was intended to be played and how only "noobs" need cheats etc. etc. etc.
You can scripting your own puffer weapon for the monsters or maybe delete the monsters out of this Story... that's "cheating" to. Big Grin

On my YT Channel you can find all Storys from here.
05-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

you used the 'c' word, be careful...it might get some of our more zealous members on your case for it
05-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Website Find
MachinistNisia Offline

Threads: 2

Well, there is a way to "cheat" in Justine.

Open the ptest_game file in the "config" folder in the "redist" file on the Amnesia Install directory

Then, change values like sanityRegain, HealthRegainLimit and other stuff.

However, immortality is still unknown.

The only way I know how to change it, is to modify the value, "Hurt_EffectStartHealth"
Change the value to -9999 and it allows you to take more damage, about 6 hits, but its not immortality.

If u want any other pointers, just ask
07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Game is single player, completely open (meaning you can view the scripts and maps), not competitive, not online. Completing it is no show of skill or competency. I see nothing wrong with "cheating".

So if you want to find clever ways to explore the maps or do speedruns like Apjjm, I say go for it. You paid for your game (I hope so...) -- play it how you want. If someone tries to tell you off for cheating in solitaire, how would you react? I'd tell em to go @&#$ themselves with a @*#%ing &!%(*@!. I play solitaire how I want! And any other game, as long as I'm not ruining anything for anyone else.

That's my two cents on "cheating".

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 07:56 PM by palistov.)
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

Well said Palistov.

By the way are you from Russia or something? that name sounds like something familar Big Grin

Hi.
07-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-08-2012, 08:26 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: Well said Palistov.

By the way are you from Russia or something? that name sounds like something familar Big Grin
He's my snuggly american man-pillow.
07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Find