Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-02 Wednesday 27th, Black Plague & Overture Updated and some new reviews.
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
2008-02 Wednesday 27th, Black Plague & Overture Updated and some new reviews.

We have updated Penumbra: Black Plague & Penumbra: Overture to correct all the graphical problems that was experienced with the latest cards and drivers from ATI. The updates also include various optimisations, minor fixes and for Black Plague even some alternate solutions to a puzzle or two!

Before applying the updates, make sure you read the descriptions so that you are running the correct release of the game to be updated, some releases and translations needs to be updated by their respectively publisher.

Penumbra: Black Plague
Full version update
Demo version update

Penumbra: Overture
Full version update
Demo version update

The last weeks have had so many reviews, so the following is a selection of reviews and only those in English.

NYTimes.com

"...Penumbra: Black Plague are the sort of games that make me to want to play games 24 hours a day. I just have to ignore my hunger, exhaustion and achiness."
GameSpot.com
"Now, the series comes to a close with Penumbra: Black Plague, a superb sequel that continues with the creeps and common-sense conundrums."
Destructoid.com
"It alternately shocks and entertains without resorting to the boring, repetitive combat we usually associate with survival horror."
Bit-Tech.net
"In fact, the panic effect brings an excellent conflict to the game and makes the game truly terrifying to play. It’s one thing to play a stealth game where you watch the enemy blunder past you as you slip behind cover. It’s another experience altogether to have to look away and just listen to enemy footsteps. You never know how close death is and, like Philip, you’ll be on the edge of your seat."

Additional reviews can be found at GameVortex.com, GamerNode.com, TotalVideoGames.com, GameIndustry.com and Resonance-gaming.com.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2008, 02:11 PM by jens.)
02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Website Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: 2008-02 Wednesday 27th, Black Plague & Overture Updated and some new reviews.

oooo! Alterative solutions!
02-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Find
Resonance Offline

Threads: 0
RE: 2008-02 Wednesday 27th, Black Plague & Overture Updated and some new reviews.

I think Penumbra deserves every bit of respect it gets. It was a plusure to review it! I don't tend to review the games on Resonance-Gaming.com (I'm actually one of the coders) but it was just.. amazing. If it had a higher budget it would of been one of the games that define the 2008 gaming year. It was a thrilling sense of adventure, mixed in with soul crenching horror.
02-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Find