Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Making an Intro
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
Making an Intro

Can anyone make a tutorial (Written, or video) or point me in the direction to how I can make a cut scene like intro for the begging of my story?

Thanks much! Big Grin

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Making an Intro

For the budget version of an intro, there are a couple of functions that can take control of the character:

OnStart()
{
SetPlayerActive(false); // Take away player control.
/*
MovePlayerForward() (that was included with Justine) is used to move the player forward.
StartPlayerLookAt() makes the character turn his head to face a designated entity or (I believe) area.
StopPlayerLookAt(); - Makes him stop looking at it.
There are more commands than this, like controlling his crouching and lantern.
*/
SetPlayerActive(true); // Restore player control.
}

The second way to do it, is to use Maya. Don't know how it's done, just that Frictional Games use it, and that it has been used for that in other games.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

I was looking at the non-player intro that is used with MovePlayerHeadPos (); but if I have to use the simple so called "budget" version, I will probably just ditch the intro just because I think it might be annoying to people if they are stationary and cant move for the whole intro.

Know anything about intros with MovePlayerHeadPos?

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-06-2012, 06:40 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: I was looking at the non-player intro that is used with MovePlayerHeadPos (); but if I have to use the simple so called "budget" version, I will probably just ditch the intro just because I think it might be annoying to people if they are stationary and cant move for the whole intro.

Know anything about intros with MovePlayerHeadPos?
That's all I know, but I think that the ending of Justine uses a lot of player control. You could check out the hps for the final level of that.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

For what it is worth I used intos in all of the Mystery series, if you want you can check how I did them in my script.

04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Well it really kinda depends on what type of intro you are aiming for. The more you're willing to level with us/spoil your plot (Unfortunately), the more we'll be able to help you achieve your desired effect.

I should be able to to help a bit. I made a little intro for my custom story too.
04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Find
stonecutter Offline

Threads: 17

The best way of creating an intro in Amnesia is working with concept drawings ....
Just put the story of the intro on several pictures and use them aus a plan or texture and put it on walls

.... disable player function .... and fade in/out and teleport player to the next wall or activate/deactivate entities with the concept arts on it ... take a look at the white night intro where he fade out and in at the beginning to show the name of the creator and name of the mod etc !

We Shall Arise - Death / Grind from Bavaria
Musicvideo : http://goo.gl/HzxvLK
Facebook : http://goo.gl/9YfYCV
Free Album : http://goo.gl/sEBW2X
04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-06-2012, 02:38 PM)stonecutter Wrote: The best way of creating an intro in Amnesia is working with concept drawings ....
Just put the story of the intro on several pictures and use them aus a plan or texture and put it on walls

.... disable player function .... and fade in/out and teleport player to the next wall or activate/deactivate entities with the concept arts on it ... take a look at the white night intro where he fade out and in at the beginning to show the name of the creator and name of the mod etc !
That's good if he wanted to make a simple intro. However it's a different story if he was aiming to a make a more "cinematic" like cutscene.

04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Find