Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request need someone to test first part of my custom story
zombiehacker595 Offline

Threads: 51
RE: need someone to test first part of my custom story

(04-09-2012, 02:20 AM)Putmalk Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 02:14 AM)zombiehacker595 Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 05:40 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 12:25 PM)zombiehacker595 Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 12:11 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote: Alright, I got it. I'll play it some tonight, but it's almost 5 am so I might not be able to deliver my report till tomorrow. We shall see!

ok cool remember this is olny the first part not even halfway yet Smile
Okay here it is man, I hope this helps. Included is a text file documenting every bug I encountered, screenshots edited to show exactly where the issue occurs, and an edited extra_english.lang file where I corrected over 100+ grammatical/spelling mistakes while still trying to keep the text as close to the original as possible.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?1qc409ofjf5saf1

hey dude what you have added is extremely helpful but i think i misguided you the first big room you walk into after the hallway is not the central hub there is actually still quite abit to go after you get to that room the central hub is in the east wing everything in that room you walk into is working it would be much apreciated if you could test the last half aswell? Smile
I will playtest it and give feedback, but do not expect me to go light on it. I will give my uncensored and honest opinion.

yea thats exactly what i wish to hear
04-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-08-2012, 05:40 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote: I corrected over 100+ grammatical/spelling mistakes
Wow. That's dedication.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Find
zombiehacker595 Offline

(04-09-2012, 02:52 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 05:40 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote: I corrected over 100+ grammatical/spelling mistakes
Wow. That's dedication.

haha ikr
04-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

Could you post a link to the demo so I can download it? Thanks.

04-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
zombiehacker595 Offline

(04-09-2012, 03:36 AM)Putmalk Wrote: Could you post a link to the demo so I can download it? Thanks.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|369p3|...st.zip|112

it should work but for some reason its only like 100kb size maybye when you extract the files it will be normal again any way that is the link
04-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

Okay, about to start it up, thanks.

Will post feedback in this post, updating as I complete each map.

Well, in the first room, and the music is nice, I love Daniel's Room theme, and then it just cut out. Now it's all silent, I loved that ambient theme. Okay, now I finished this room, very short, and I noticed that the text is very jarring, and almost unreadable. It needs to look more professional and finished, but I think Summer handled that already, so I'll let it pass. Another thing I noticed, the tiling is very amateurish, and it's stuck at the default 1 setting. Lower it down to .25 or .4, it won't repeat as much and it'll look much nicer. The statues in the room were jarring; consider replacing with ornaments such as paintings, and maybe a bookshelf?

I'm in the hallway/mansion area, and my first impression is that the mapping looks very awkward and amateurish. I actually liked the storage room, minus the lantern/oil/tinderbox placement. Could we get a little bit more creative with that? Have a chest nearby with some oil supplies in it, place the tinderboxes on the shelves, and leave the lantern where it is. The candle and torch placement on the walls is bad. Like, really bad. You just repeated them infinity amount of times, and it's not realistic, and not scary. Separate them out a bit, take a lot of them away, and try placing some candle_floor entities. Variation is never a bad thing. Maybe some chandeliers?

In the main mansion area, this place is absolutely HUGE. And it's really freaking empty. I can tell already there's no billboards from the windows, and they look static and unfinished. No spotlights coming from them either, so it's just...a wall, really. No pillars, no variation in texture, so this whole room looks empty and lifeless. There's no dynamic light, so it looks...well, I've repeated myself a lot already. This area needs a lot of work before I can consider it finished.

You have given me an oil barrel, 2 large oil potions, and an oil potion, on top of that, my lantern was full even before I had obtained it. There is no challenge for me to run out of oil, it becomes a useless game mechanic and I don't feel threatened by the dark.

At this point I pick up a crowbar from a treasure chest, find a door that says "I need to use a crowbar", and I use it, and nothing happens, which means I am stuck and cannot continue since every other door is locked and cannot be opened.

This is a very harsh critical view, I know, but I felt it was necessary. Hopefully you take my suggestions to heart.

Good luck on your story,
Putmalk

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 05:12 AM by Putmalk.)
04-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Find
zombiehacker595 Offline

(04-09-2012, 04:56 AM)Putmalk Wrote: Okay, about to start it up, thanks.

Well, in the first room, and the music is nice, I love Daniel's Room theme, and then it just cut out. Now it's all silent, I loved that ambient theme.

ill try to see if i can get it to go for longer Smile and ya once you go through the level door saying "central hub" thats where i am up to past there nothing is happening really
(04-09-2012, 04:56 AM)Putmalk Wrote: Okay, about to start it up, thanks.

Well, in the first room, and the music is nice, I love Daniel's Room theme, and then it just cut out. Now it's all silent, I loved that ambient theme. Okay, now I finished this room, very short, and I noticed that the text is very jarring, and almost unreadable. It needs to look more professional and finished, but I think Summer handled that already, so I'll let it pass. Another thing I noticed, the tiling is very amateurish, and it's stuck at the default 1 setting. Lower it down to .25 or .4, it won't repeat as much and it'll look much nicer. The statues in the room were jarring; consider replacing with ornaments such as paintings, and maybe a bookshelf?

I'm in the hallway/mansion area, and my first impression is that the mapping looks very awkward and amateurish. I actually liked the storage room, minus the lantern/oil/tinderbox placement. Could we get a little bit more creative with that? Have a chest nearby with some oil supplies in it, place the tinderboxes on the shelves, and leave the lantern where it is. The candle and torch placement on the walls is bad. Like, really bad. You just repeated them infinity amount of times, and it's not realistic, and not scary. Separate them out a bit, take a lot of them away, and try placing some candle_floor entities. Variation is never a bad thing. Maybe some chandeliers?

In the main mansion area, this place is absolutely HUGE. And it's really freaking empty. I can tell already there's no billboards from the windows, and they look static and unfinished. No spotlights coming from them either, so it's just...a wall, really. No pillars, no variation in texture, so this whole room looks empty and lifeless. There's no dynamic light, so it looks...well, I've repeated myself a lot already. This area needs a lot of work before I can consider it finished.

You have given me an oil barrel, 2 large oil potions, and an oil potion, on top of that, my lantern was full even before I had obtained it. There is no challenge for me to run out of oil, it becomes a useless game mechanic and I don't feel threatened by the dark.

At this point I pick up a crowbar from a treasure chest, find a door that says "I need to use a crowbar", and I use it, and nothing happens, which means I am stuck and cannot continue since every other door is locked and cannot be opened.

This is a very harsh critical view, I know, but I felt it was necessary. Hopefully you take my suggestions to heart.

Good luck on your story,
Putmalk

i thought i deleted that crowbar bit but thanks for the feedback ill see what i can do to fix it up so you can continue Smile

oh and um did you mean the crowbar in the storage in the west wing?
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 06:00 AM by zombiehacker595.)
04-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Find