Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help setting a Name and a Description for a key.
7thProductions Offline

Threads: 17
Exclamation  I need help setting a Name and a Description for a key.

I have a key set up in the Editor, and I've already entered the Inventory category into the extra_english.lang file (and added entries for the name and description of the key) and according to the wiki it should work, but the name and the description will not show up in game. Any insight on what I should do?
04-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Find
Zipi Offline

Threads: 8
RE: I need help setting a Name and a Description for a key.

You also need to add some script into your maps .hps file. I'm sure you can find that on the wiki to, if it does not work then you might want to check everything in the editor is correct etc.
(04-08-2012, 06:45 PM)7thProductions Wrote: I have a key set up in the Editor, and I've already entered the Inventory category into the extra_english.lang file (and added entries for the name and description of the key) and according to the wiki it should work, but the name and the description will not show up in game. Any insight on what I should do?

04-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
7thProductions Offline

(04-08-2012, 06:47 PM)Zipi Wrote: You also need to add some script into your maps .hps file. I'm sure you can find that on the wiki to, if it does not work then you might want to check everything in the editor is correct etc.
(04-08-2012, 06:45 PM)7thProductions Wrote: I have a key set up in the Editor, and I've already entered the Inventory category into the extra_english.lang file (and added entries for the name and description of the key) and according to the wiki it should work, but the name and the description will not show up in game. Any insight on what I should do?

I looked up some tutorials on youtube and they didn't need to mess with the script to give a key a name and a description. :[

I don't understand what's wrong.

04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Find
Zipi Offline

Threads: 8

Add me on Steam 'TrueSero' I'll help you Smile
(04-08-2012, 07:15 PM)7thProductions Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 06:47 PM)Zipi Wrote: You also need to add some script into your maps .hps file. I'm sure you can find that on the wiki to, if it does not work then you might want to check everything in the editor is correct etc.

I looked up some tutorials on youtube and they didn't need to mess with the script to give a key a name and a description. :[

I don't understand what's wrong.

04-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Find
7thProductions Offline

I didn't buy Amnesia off of Steam
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">

<Entry Name="ItemName_Key">Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key">An New Key</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

Smile

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
04-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Website Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11

Did you fix the issue? If not double check to see that everything is named correctly inside of the level editor. If that still doesn't work just simply try renaming the key in both the level editor and the .lang file. Both of these methods usually fixed my issues when making my story. Be sure to message me or reply back if you need anymore help!

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Find
7thProductions Offline

(04-09-2012, 07:46 AM)DaAinGame Wrote: Did you fix the issue? If not double check to see that everything is named correctly inside of the level editor. If that still doesn't work just simply try renaming the key in both the level editor and the .lang file. Both of these methods usually fixed my issues when making my story. Be sure to message me or reply back if you need anymore help!

I gave the key a CustomSubItemTypeName and that does override the default name and description, but after putting the CustomSubItemTypeName into the .lang file under the category: "Inventory" , with two different entries for Name and Description, the name and description don't show up; it's blank. :/

04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Find
LulleBulle Offline

Threads: 33

(04-09-2012, 10:17 AM)7thProductions Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 07:46 AM)DaAinGame Wrote: Did you fix the issue? If not double check to see that everything is named correctly inside of the level editor. If that still doesn't work just simply try renaming the key in both the level editor and the .lang file. Both of these methods usually fixed my issues when making my story. Be sure to message me or reply back if you need anymore help!

I gave the key a CustomSubItemTypeName and that does override the default name and description, but after putting the CustomSubItemTypeName into the .lang file under the category: "Inventory" , with two different entries for Name and Description, the name and description don't show up; it's blank. :/
Might be some other code messing up. If you'd like I can help you via Teamviewer, send me a PM.
04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Find