Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helper?
Zipi Offline

Threads: 8
Helper?

Hey, I keep running into problems with my scripts sometimes and was wondering if someone could add me on skype or steam to help me with it and to guide me etc.

Steam: Truesero
04-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Helper?

Ive been helping you with scripting for awhile now..But the variables and if statment i dont know those Big Grin

04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

variables and if statment

If you don't know how to use variables or if statements how can you help someone? Not to be rude but that's the basis of scripting, without if conditions or anything else to control the flow of the result there's nothing to be made.

I believe you people should start by understanding programming a little bit more before adventuring yourselves into the matter itself and bombarding the forums with noob questions. It's your choice, but I believe that it would be better for YOURSELVES to do as I said.

Back on topic, I recommend Your Computer tutorials. I believe you'll learn enough to at least copy other people's scripts without much trouble: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10798.html

Good luck.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

Yes i know and i am sorry Big Grin i was in bad mood yesterday and unfortunately trolled the forums Sad But luckily only here.

04-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

I'm still available to help you, I just couldn't get your .lang file.

04-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

You all should learn a bit of theory before starting out. It will definitely help you all. You must understand there is a big difference between who does that and who does not, and who does always reaches the horizon first.

Another IMPORTANT THING and believe me, I talk from experience. If you are learning something, you can't ask someone who knows a bit on the matter, and it's worst in programming because there are habits that you'll get that you'll find quite hard to leave in the future. If you need help, don't be a lazy bastard and make a thread about it or pm someone instead of wanting a contact in skype or other IM client so you can just ask and wait for an answer. And no, I'm not moving against the spirit of a community, just the place where people communicate.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Find
Putmalk Offline

Threads: 13

(04-10-2012, 02:05 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: You all should learn a bit of theory before starting out. It will definitely help you all. You must understand there is a big difference between who does that and who does not, and who does always reaches the horizon first.

Another IMPORTANT THING and believe me, I talk from experience. If you are learning something, you can't ask someone who knows a bit on the matter, and it's worst in programming because there are habits that you'll get that you'll find quite hard to leave in the future. If you need help, don't be a lazy bastard and make a thread about it or pm someone instead of wanting a contact in skype or other IM client so you can just ask and wait for an answer. And no, I'm not moving against the spirit of a community, just the place where people communicate.
I actually have to agree with this. Even though I spent a lot of time when I was like 13 learning scripting by studying old game scripts, I was still very rusty, compared to now, that I'm taking a C++ class, which is easily helping me churn out complicated scripts without much issue.

04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Find