Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Escape From Mentalhospital
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
Escape From Mentalhospital

Very short Custom Story that i made in two days.
(Just to test my new level desing and scripting mechanics)
(you guys still got this story on feet)
Smile

Story:
After several months William feds up and decides to escape Mr. Edwardsons mindclinic. So the story is simply based on Williams escaping. Good Luck!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?25rhkrc8v5q78zc

Solves for Puzzles:
Spoiler below!

Firstly you wake up in the cell, but you can`t escape it. Try to bend a prison bar from the cells wall and use it to door.
After tight bending you should be able crack the door open.

Second puzzle is easy. You need a key to next level. Pick it up in the room (opposite of the level door)
it should be on the table.

The Third puzzle is cogwheel puzzle you simply need a cogwheel and place it next to it`s brother. And pull the lever
(the cogwheel is in the room with lots of broken cogwheels,it`s top of the middle shelf)

In the last puzzle you simply pull two levers up so the middle gate should open(you have 10 seconds to do this).

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM by Red.)
04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Custom Story: The Escape

Review:
This is a short, decent horror map, spanning two small prison maps. The mapping looks good, but maybe somewhat barren.
The first time I loaded this map, it crashed on me right after me gaining control of my character, but this didn't happen again when I restarted, so it could have been my computer.
The only flaws I could find was that the first puzzle required finding a very precise hotspot, that the Victrola music was moodbreaking and didn't seem to be coming from the Victrola, and that a scare was slightly too unexplained. (There was no sound of a door opening beforehand.) I also spotted two typos. One in the description, and "Amensia musics" in the credits.
Other than that, this was a decent short story with a good mood.
3/5

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 04:46 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(04-09-2012, 04:00 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Cool. Downloading. (Review coming up within the next hour.)

Edit: Well, getting out of the cell could be easier. I found how to escape, but according to the map opened in the editor, I have to find the right hotspot. The mapping looks good, and a term search didn't find any Jesuses in the maps, so it's looking good so far. Brb.
Good to hear

04-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

this is a very decent mod, although it was very brief.

the atmosphere of this mod gave me a Justine feel, along with a sense that my world (in-game) is in utter chaos and despair.

a few things that could be fixed though:

-this mod could be even better if continued, but the thing i would focus on is to have an actuall story here. (i realise that youre a mental person escaping from a hospital, but there needs to be more!)

-your spawning of the justine monster didnt really make much sense to me, maybe if you walked past a cell on the way down the stairs you could hear something lurking inside, but the door would then be locked, denying you access to witness what the room really holds. suspicion and explanation is key (although it isnt necessary, but it gives your mod some depth.). im not saying every monster needs a story, or explanation, far from it; amnesia didnt have much explanation once you were familiar of the threats it held, but before you knew, the story warned you of these lurking servants' presence in the castle, using sounds, story, description, subconcious warnings and sightings.

- i found it very difficult to exit the cell. maybe i didnt use my items correctly in the right places, but maybe you should give the player some mementos as ''hints'' to look back at if they're ever stuck. i personally love a challenge, instead of just being handed a key of salvation; so my solution to this problem i had was to be creative; to forklift the bed sideways, and then placing objects for me to further climb onto, over the ledge of the cell which contained me. this gave me a sort of awesome feeling once i was past the jail cell, but then it faded, seeing i knew i hadnt done it correctly. a good factor to this story would maybe be to give people the ability to think for themselves, though i would advise you to make sure they dont get stuck.

- the music in the office room was abnoxious, its the early 20th century, i doubt people would hear that kind of music; another thing i would add is to assign the music to be played from a sound entity placed on the gramophone (the audio device).

-some fluffing up on the mapping could be nice. some dirtpiles here and there (where they make sense), some rubble (where it makes sense), some scratches and stains of liquids (where they make sense) (im not saying the things youve put in the map already doesnt make sense, im just saying this as advice for future placements of content).

-the torture chambers didnt really make much sense to me; try replacing them with cellblocks, or even storage facilities. place these torture chambers (if theyre really necessary) in a lower part of the asylum; in the ''basement'', so to speak; away from the light of day, and from anyone being able to witness what horrors are being performed.

overall, i think this mod could become very good if worked upon. you have the atmosphere, and the tension. all you need now are:

- an actuall story (more indepth than the current)
- some mapping improvements
- some explanation of why you wake up where you are
- why you were put in the mindclinic
- what this man is actually doing to the inmates (if youre going with the ideas i have given you)
- and some extra creativity

hopefully you'll build on this mod, and if so, i will love to be able to play it again! ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(04-12-2012, 04:38 PM)darkadders Wrote: this is a very decent mod, although it was very brief.

the atmosphere of this mod gave me a Justine feel, along with a sense that my world (in-game) is in utter chaos and despair.

-this mod could be even better if continued, but the thing i would focus on is to have an actuall story here. (i realise that youre a mental person escaping from a hospital, but there needs to be more!)

-your spawning of the justine monster didnt really make much sense to me, maybe if you walked past a cell on the way down the stairs you could hear something lurking inside, but the door would then be locked, denying you access to witness what the room really holds. suspicion and explanation is key (although it isnt necessary, but it gives your mod some depth.). im not saying every monster needs a story, or explanation, far from it; amnesia didnt have much explanation once you were familiar of the threats it held, but before you knew, the story warned you of these lurking servants' presence in the castle, using sounds, story, description, subconcious warnings and sightings.

- i found it very difficult to exit the cell. maybe i didnt use my items correctly in the right places, but maybe you should give the player some mementos as ''hints'' to look back at if they're ever stuck. i personally love a challenge, instead of just being handed a key of salvation; so my solution to this problem i had was to be creative; to forklift the bed sideways, and then placing objects for me to further climb onto, over the ledge of the cell which contained me. this gave me a sort of awesome feeling once i was past the jail cell, but then it faded, seeing i knew i hadnt done it correctly. a good factor to this story would maybe be to give people the ability to think for themselves, though i would advise you to make sure they dont get stuck.

- the music in the office room was abnoxious, its the early 20th century, i doubt people would hear that kind of music; another thing i would add is to assign the music to be played from a sound entity placed on the gramophone (the audio device).

-some fluffing up on the mapping could be nice. some dirtpiles here and there (where they make sense), some rubble (where it makes sense), some scratches and stains of liquids (where they make sense) (im not saying the things youve put in the map already doesnt make sense, im just saying this as advice for future placements of content).

-the torture chambers didnt really make much sense to me; try replacing them with cellblocks, or even storage facilities. place these torture chambers (if theyre really necessary) in a lower part of the asylum; in the ''basement'', so to speak; away from the light of day, and from anyone being able to witness what horrors are being performed.

overall, i think this mod could become very good if worked upon. you have the atmosphere, and the tension. all you need now are:

- what this man is actually doing to the inmates (if youre going with the ideas i have given you)

hopefully you'll build on this mod, and if so, i will love to be able to play it again! ^^
Sorry,but i`m not gonna fix or continue this story anymore. I have so much work with another story wich i
started before this. I made this story a little for a test mechanics and stuff. This really wasn`t a "serious" one.
But the next one is gonna be more serious, and i have totally put time to
it. Sleepy

04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(04-12-2012, 06:47 PM)Pyöveli Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 04:38 PM)darkadders Wrote: this is a very decent mod, although it was very brief.

Sorry,but i`m not gonna fix or continue this story anymore. I have so much work with another story wich i
started before this. I made this story a little for a test mechanics and stuff. This really wasn`t a "serious" one.
it. Sleepy
whatever works man ^^, just take the advice i gave into concideration for a future story ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(04-12-2012, 07:49 PM)darkadders Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 06:47 PM)Pyöveli Wrote:

it. Sleepy
whatever works man ^^, just take the advice i gave into concideration for a future story ^^
advices are always welcome. But i really know what i`m doing, but thanks still Smile

04-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Find
Nokhara Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Custom Story: The Escape from the mentalhospital(Made in two days)

sry to tell you that but imho your story sucks big balls
you're tellin' me that this story is kinda similar to justine?NEVER EVER F EVER
this story is a completely waste of time
HINTBig GrinON'T DOWNLOAD IT YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR LIFE TIME(yeah with caps if you have a problem i dont care)
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM by Nokhara.)
04-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(04-13-2012, 03:31 PM)Nokhara Wrote: sry to tell you that but imho your story sucks big balls
HINTBig GrinON'T DOWNLOAD IT YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR LIFE TIME(yeah with caps if you have a problem i dont care)
Bad behavior will be always reported.
Really think what you post next time.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 03:59 PM by Red.)
04-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-13-2012, 03:31 PM)Nokhara Wrote: sry to tell you that but imho your story sucks big balls
You were expecting something as good as Justine? Justine is a frickin' masterpiece. You're setting the bar way too high.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Find