Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static object help?
Zipi Offline

Threads: 8
Static object help?

Hey,

I was wondering if there was anyway to make a object like the torch (which the player cant interactive with) have physics and the player can pick up just like a barrel etc.
04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Static object help?

(04-10-2012, 09:52 AM)Zipi Wrote: Hey,

I was wondering if there was anyway to make a object like the torch (which the player cant interactive with) have physics and the player can pick up just like a barrel etc.
Yes, it's possible! Open your ModelEditor and import the torch you are interested in. Press settings -> user defined variables and change the Type from Lamp to Object, and choose the SubType: Grab.
Now is your torch grabable!
I would recommend you to change its body since a cube is not kinda realistic. Change the body's mass, angular damping, speed, etc, and everything will be perfect. Good luck! Shy

[Image: nG2Re.png]

EDIT: I got an idea for you. If you want your torch to be hanging on the wall from the beginning, you could also create a BallJoint in the ModelEditor that is breakable, set breakforce to 35 or something. Then your torch will be hanging on the the wall and be removable for the player. I tried it out by myself and it worked great.

[Image: vnytG.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012, 10:52 AM by Mackiiboy.)
04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Static object help?

Or you can download the custom model in the resources section.I have freetorch in my custom story im working on atm Big Grin

04-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Find