Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Challenge Threadᆦ ᆦ ᆦ
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
RE: [CHALLENGE THREAD]

Maybe if I had time I could set up a workshop going through some of the previous challenges, so hopefully you guys could learn something from it - I could walk you guys step by step through my thought process so you can get a good idea of how I handle the situation at least.

Would any of you be interested in watching me stream something like that?

05-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(05-02-2012, 09:19 PM)Theforgot3n1 Wrote: First i was like: Yeah, there will be some guy solving everything instantly anyway. But I just noticed that you are answering most of the challenges. Which means that people don't know how to answer these.

If you could make the challenges slightly easier, maybe I can actually participate. Big Grin

Or ah, don't mind me.

The challenges are challenging. An easy task is not a challenging task if you know what I mean.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Finally updated. If you are interested at all I really suggest you start working on it. You can solve them all or just one. Different winners may come up.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Haha I actually considered having a global coord system when I released my previous challenge, but I never got around to figuring it out. Guess it's time to do that. Big Grin

05-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Well, I'm done with the system, but for some reason I'm having problems with the C Pre-Processer - it's deleting random lines from my code and I can't figure out why...

Is it ok if I just release it as part of the .hps file (given that it's well sectioned off and documented)?

05-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

(05-06-2012, 10:03 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: Well, I'm done with the system, but for some reason I'm having problems with the C Pre-Processer - it's deleting random lines from my code and I can't figure out why...

Is it ok if I just release it as part of the .hps file (given that it's well sectioned off and documented)?
That is a bug in MCPP with the -C switch. I have updated the previous topic on how to fix that. I would also suggest not limiting people to using my tool - just a library which may be copy and pasted into scripts would be a sufficient criteria.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012, 02:49 AM by Apjjm.)
05-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Ah yes, I removed the -C switch and it works like a charm - albeit it removes all of my comments, though I suppose that's to be expected (and if someone really wants to read my comments they should be looking at the .phps files anyways Smile ).

Anyhow, here is the completed global coord system, complete with documentation. It's probably not the most efficient system, but it was my first time messing around with octtrees, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qcbjj49je70di2u

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012, 03:02 AM by Homicide13.)
05-07-2012, 02:58 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

You must create a system that allows the player to use coordinates for basic artificial functions.

I haven't had the time to check your system thoroughly but does it allow for you to set the players position, get the players pos.... ?

05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

"set the player's position"
How do you mean?

But no, because of how the system works it doesn't allow the user to get the player's position (you can't attach entities to the player or use the player with "GetEntitiesCollide"). It might work with player_hand or player_hand_lantern though.

05-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Teleport the player to a coordinate.

For some reason the challenge is classified as HARD.

05-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Find