Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Create stairs
Marcus Offline

Threads: 1
Create stairs

Hello,

I started making my own custom stories last night, and I got this bright idea I'd like stairs, and this is where I got abit of trouble.. the walls. How do I create the walls for the stairs? I've tried abit different things however neither of them really made any sense, I'm just terrible at it, or I'm missing some function in the level editor.

I've tried to find some video, I've gone through the tutorial, and I've Googled it. No match. So that's why I'm here. Anyone out there with any tips? Or anyone aware of a tutorial how to create stairs?

Thanks in advance for any response,
Marcus. Smile
04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Create stairs

(04-11-2012, 07:53 PM)Marcus Wrote: Hello,

I started making my own custom stories last night, and I got this bright idea I'd like stairs, and this is where I got abit of trouble.. the walls. How do I create the walls for the stairs? I've tried abit different things however neither of them really made any sense, I'm just terrible at it, or I'm missing some function in the level editor.

I've tried to find some video, I've gone through the tutorial, and I've Googled it. No match. So that's why I'm here. Anyone out there with any tips? Or anyone aware of a tutorial how to create stairs?

Thanks in advance for any response,
Marcus. Smile
As far as I know, there's no really good way to fix the walls in a nice way for the "stairs_round".
In my custom story, I created 10 planes with custom textures and resized and rotated them so they fitted nicely together. It's a lot of work (15min-30min+), but it might be worth it if you really want to use the round stairs. The "default_stair" is easy to create walls for, since it's not round.

I do not know how they did in the real game with the "stairs_round", if they even are used near walls there.

Round stairs with planes as walls:

[Image: 3RBsT.png]

Default stairs with normal walls:

[Image: 0Nkm4.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2012, 08:16 PM by Mackiiboy.)
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Create stairs

The player should be able to climb over anything that's 0.2 meters tall or smaller.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Website Find