Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulling yourself up - using a rope?
Twitchez Offline

Threads: 17
Pulling yourself up - using a rope?

Hey again everyone!

I was wondering if it is possible to pull yourself up (instead of using a ladder) using a rope? If any person would be kind enough to have some script of how to apply this, or could explain how it could work, I would be most grateful!

In any case, have a nice evening!

//Twitchez
04-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Pulling yourself up - using a rope?

You can use a ladder area as you do with a ladder normally. There is a rope material property available for the ladder area already too in the ladder area properties. The area controls where you climb, not the model you use, so you are free to place an appropriately sized and oriented area over your rope - just make sure the rope can't be moved too much - as the area won't move with it.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 12:15 AM by Apjjm.)
04-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Find
Twitchez Offline

Awesome Apjjm, thanks a lot for the help.

I still have a problem though. I managed to make climbing area for ropes, but where can I find a nice rope model? (Are there any other than rope_beam01.. and so on)?
04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

You can create a rope using a PosNode and a RopeArea. You can use a block_box entity variety (or some other entity) as the entities to attach to the ropes to. There are lots of settings you can tweak there to make your ropes look suitable.

maps/ch01/06_distillery has some ropes used in the hatch puzzle there you can take a look at to see how the ropes are set up, the pulley entity is used there as the entity the rope is attached to IIRC. The bucket puzzles in the nave/cells feature some slightly more tricky rope stuff which lets you move the rope up/down but this is probably more than you are looking for in this case.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 12:55 AM by Apjjm.)
04-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Find
Twitchez Offline

Thanks again for the helpful reply.

+1 Reputation for you Smile

//Kind Regards,
04-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Find