Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attach item to enemy?
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Attach item to enemy?

Is there any way at all to attach an object to enemy? It can be anything really; the enemy can physically carry it, or it can hover around it, or it can drag it along with something. I've been experimenting for a while but I can't seem to get anything to work. AttachProptoProp doesn't seem to work with enemies, and ropes apparently need one static anchor point to work.

04-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Attach item to enemy?

I tried doing this to stop lookatcallback causing sanity. I tried many things but nothing worked... sorry =[
04-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Enemies don't have bodies, which are required for attaching props, so, no, you cannot attach props to enemies through scripting.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Website Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Damn. Well I wanted an enemy to run off with an item and make it a quest to get it back, and I thought I could pull it off with some inventive scripting, but it doesn't look like I can get the item to travel with the enemy.

Possibly my only other option is to have the enemy patrol a tight area where the item will later be sitting, but that sounds kind of lame.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 08:00 AM by Damascus.)
04-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

You can of course do it with modelling, though: Delete the prop the monster takes, and then add it in a model animation. Ropes still attached to other objects still won't work, though.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Well you could create a scenario where player sees item, monster walks in front of item, item dissappears, monster walks away and the player gets a momento telling him to get it back.
As for attaching objects to the enemy: You cannot attach entities, but you can attach billboards. It wont look great, but the insanity effect of looking at the monster might help improve it.
Remember, due to the insanity effect, the player probably wouldn't notice tiny details like keys in a grunt's hand. It might be better just to script the item disappearing from the table when the grunt is blocking the player view.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2012, 12:23 PM by DRedshot.)
04-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Find