Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Want NPC support for modding?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell YES!
77.27%
17 77.27%
Yeah sure why not?
22.73%
5 22.73%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NPC support
AmnesiaVideosForU Offline

Threads: 1
RE: NPC support

(04-17-2012, 11:22 AM)TheUnbeholden Wrote: I have been wondering, seeing as Amnesia is so mod friendly it would be incredible if NPC support could be added to the game. Its good to have voice acting, readables but it would really open up the modding possibilities to have NPC's rather than just 'the monster'. "Hallucination" themed mods would benefit greatly from this, seeing men wielding axes or other nasty implements, seeing people from your past ect It would add to the story themed mods rather than just having us imagine it all.
I don't doubt the power of imagination but somethings can only really be shown to have the desired effect and it would add some variety. This is a game after all not a novel. There shouldn't be such a limitation put over it.

Its asking alot but we got to see a glimer of it in Justine. And maybe the sequel to Amnesia will have it and could be brought over to Amnesia TDD with some tinkering.

Maybe it will come in Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
05-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

"NPC Support" can be faked, as mentioned by Your computer. You can never have any interaction between the would be NPCs and the monsters, unless they are under very controlled environments. While thinking about this question I realized something else:

Just a simple idea like having a monster attack another monster would make stuff very fun. Then I'd get working on an "arena" (and monsters) where the player would pit custom monsters versus each other to duke it out.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

05-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Don't know if you guys realize this, but anything sentient not controlled by the player is an NPC (non-player character). Just because the gatherers don't really do anything doesn't somehow not make them NPCs. Having them actually do something that looks like what a normal person would do is just a matter of updating their animations library and scripting out the activity in question. Making a grunt interactable (maybe having an RPG style dialogue tree) is just a question of being able to program it, which would take a lot of work because it's not a native feature of the HPL engine.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2012, 01:59 PM by Bridge.)
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(04-17-2012, 10:31 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I found it funny how the two options for the poll are both yes
If this was youtube i would thumbs up hahaha!
05-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Website Find