Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem in custom painting_dyn
Vitama Offline

Threads: 3
Problem in custom painting_dyn

Hello
I have a problem when i try do my custom painting based in amnesia paintings, i want do it dynamic but as you know paintings are in 2 parts, framework and paint, when i put the body for the physics and i press test button only moves the paint Undecided the framework don't fall, and another question how can i put name to the parts of the paintings? they haven't and the name square is locked Confused .
Thanks in advance
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 04:56 PM by Vitama.)
04-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: problem in custom painting_dyn

For question 1, you need to click on the body covering the painting, click the last tab on the right, and click the 'Su' (attach Submesh) button, then click Attach. Now click on the picture frame and click done! The picture frame should now be attached to the body.

I don't understand question 2, sorry. So you want to rename the actual painting and the frame? I don't think you can without opening them in Maya/Blender/3ds and editing the Object name.

04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Find
Vitama Offline

RE: problem in custom painting_dyn

(04-17-2012, 04:57 PM)DRedshot Wrote: For question 1, you need to click on the body covering the painting, click the last tab on the right, and click the 'Su' (attach Submesh) button, then click Attach. Now click on the picture frame and click done! The picture frame should now be attached to the body.

I don't understand question 2, sorry. So you want to rename the actual painting and the frame? I don't think you can without opening them in Maya/Blender/3ds and editing the Object name.
It don't works, and in the question 2 i want say that when i put the texture in blender and i export to .dae an open with the model editor the frame an the paint are unnamed, and i want put it name but the text square where you normaly put and change the name is locked

04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Problem in custom painting_dyn

You need to change the name while it's open in blender, you cannot change it in the model editor. Smile
I'm not too familiar with blender, but you should be able to click on the frame/paint and a text box should appear somewhere, saying something along the lines of 'Object Name' or 'Mesh Name' or something. This is where you enter it's name.

Although, if you just want the file renaming, you can of coure just click 'SaveAs' and save it as whatever name you want.

As for the first part not working I'm not sure :/
Ok, maybe you accdentally clicked the body instead of the mesh. Click on the Body, then go to the 'Attachments' tab again, 'Su' and attach again. This time though, click on the Frame and the paint. Making sure the mesh highlights when you click (and trying not to accidentally select the body!).
When you click 'done' there should be two green lines linking the body to the mesh (You might have to move the body areound before you can see it properly).

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2012, 05:20 PM by DRedshot.)
04-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Vitama Offline

RE: Problem in custom painting_dyn

(04-17-2012, 05:19 PM)DRedshot Wrote: You need to change the name while it's open in blender, you cannot change it in the model editor. Smile
I'm not too familiar with blender, but you should be able to click on the frame/paint and a text box should appear somewhere, saying something along the lines of 'Object Name' or 'Mesh Name' or something. This is where you enter it's name.

Although, if you just want the file renaming, you can of coure just click 'SaveAs' and save it as whatever name you want.

As for the first part not working I'm not sure :/
Ok, maybe you accdentally clicked the body instead of the mesh. Click on the Body, then go to the 'Attachments' tab again, 'Su' and attach again. This time though, click on the Frame and the paint. Making sure the mesh highlights when you click (and trying not to accidentally select the body!).
When you click 'done' there should be two green lines linking the body to the mesh (You might have to move the body areound before you can see it properly).
No it follow failing only fall the paint and the names that i put in blender does'n work

04-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Find