Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"On dead" possible?
Brute Offline

Threads: 10
RE: "On dead" possible?

Thats exactly the same script, I had written and which doesn't worked. But by looking at this I had a question:
Is there any difference in the script, when the locked door is a level change door?
If not I fail Huh

09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Straight from script functions page:

void SetLevelDoorLocked(string& asName, bool abLocked);

Locks a level door. Note that level doors are NOT swing doors.

void SetSwingDoorLocked(string& asName, bool abLocked, bool abEffects);

Locks a swing door.

You could ofc elaborate more clearly what youre trying to achieve. It's still pretty unclear... :u

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 07:02 PM by Khyrpa.)
09-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Find
Brute Offline

Ok Khyrpa, I am sorry. Undecided
It works now thanks. Big Grin

My custom story is now on it's way...

09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Find
ResidentEddy Offline

Threads: 2
Too Stupid for Scripting

Ok, that's it. No matter what I do and how hard I listened to every tutorial on SCRIPTING, nothing apparently works and ultimately, my custom story won't even show up for a test run on the list. Creating the rooms, keys, knowing which door swings to another room and which door goes to next level, I can do. But the freaking scripts are an essential and frankly the only thing I can do on the scripting is setting up the documents. I'd ask somebody else to do it for me, but as far as I know everyone they don't know what Amnesia is, how to script, or both (not to mention care).

Long story short: I can create levels, but I can't script. I'm reduced to even thinking about hiring somebody to do it for me, but I don't even have the money, a job, nor experience for a job... I guess my custom story's scrapped for the time being. Sorry about this rant.[/quote]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012, 03:16 AM by ResidentEddy.)
04-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Find