Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story-line and textures.
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22
Story-line and textures.

Okay, so I have thought I would try myself creating my own custom story, I have started slightly on the mapping, but here goes my questions..

1. I wondered if someone could give a few pointers on improving a story line, my storyline so far is, well I haven't set a date for it but it's late 1970's to early 80's and you're playing as a miner in a world famous mining facility, you start off waking up in a mining corridor, upon waking you hear someone's voice shouting to you, saying that they have used explosives to block the way because as they were mining these 'creatures' appeared and starting to kill off people, so attempt to block them, they dammed the corridor, then the mysterious voice yells to tell you to find another way out if you want to survive, and I would make a serious of events that follow, until the player actually escapes.

2. I've seen PLENTY of people in WIP custom stories using what looks like these amazing caves, and I wondered how they where to do this? or if these are their own textures and such, as I would LOVE to use some.

Anyway,
this isn't going to be some crazy project, it's just what I would like to work on really

Thanks!

04-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Story-line and textures.

Static Objects > Debris. Use the rocks and form a small wall of about 15-20 rocks, then combine them into a Compound Object. Copy and Pasta this thing around as your walls, make sure you rotate and scale them so its not obvious that you did.

Theirs some other premade rock formations in the Satic Objects > DungeonBase and ptest folders.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012, 02:44 PM by Rapture.)
04-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Story-line and textures.

Imo for story, the worst thing you can do is pace it too fast by giving the player too much information and not leaving a lot of questions. Perhaps, when the first person is yelling to you and explaining the what's happening, then suddenly have a monster sound and him screaming in pain or something, hint at the monster without saying its there.

I rate it 3 memes.
04-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Find