Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I love Penumbra!
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22
I love Penumbra!

So, I've always liked Amnesia, I've played it for such a long time now, and I never really thought to play any of the Penumbra's because I always thought they where the training ground of Amnesia, and overall Amnesia would be so much better.

I have been bored so I thought, I know, I'll try a Penumbra game, so I bought Overture.. Oh god, in my opinion, the story line is a lot more fun and I feel in total control of the game itself, although Amnesia has a nice touch with the distributed tools which creates a great community and continued fun.

I plan on buying all three of the Penumbra's, they just seem so much fun!

And if anyone is interested, I run a YouTube channel, and I'm going to be playing my playth rough of all three penumbra's starting with Overture, it would be cool if you enjoyed if you could subscribe, and I also enjoy constructive criticism.

The first video of Penumbra Overture will be uploaded within the next hour!

Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012, 03:22 PM by Leeeyam.)
04-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: I love Penumbra!

Nice! I enjoy watching LPs of Penumbra much more than Amnesia.

Some tips though:
*When you see the eye, you can click the right mouse button to "Examine" things.
*Pressing R will start "Interaction mode", press R again to turn back to normal. "Interaction mode" is good for turning valves and such.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2012, 08:24 PM by spukrian.)
04-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

(04-21-2012, 08:24 PM)spukrian Wrote: Nice! I enjoy watching LPs of Penumbra much more than Amnesia.

Some tips though:
*When you see the eye, you can click the right mouse button to "Examine" things.
*Pressing R will start "Interaction mode", press R again to turn back to normal. "Interaction mode" is good for turning valves and such.
Oh right! so that's what I was, I kept on pressing r to 'rotate' like in amnesia.

I did record 3 video's but I couldn't get past the door after the electrical fencing, I need a pickaxe apparently, but I can't find that anywhere Tongue

thanks!

04-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

No rotation in Overture, but there is in Black Plague.

Do you need a hint to the pickaxe?

Added a hint:
Spoiler below!
It reflects light
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM by spukrian.)
04-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Yeah, Penumbra is a bit better than Amnesia (especially Overture).
The puzzles and immersing are grandious.
04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Find