Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

LETZPLAY CHANNUL! AWMIGAWDZ!
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
LETZPLAY CHANNUL! AWMIGAWDZ!

whats up with the millions of lets-play channels going on nowadays..
i mean, theres nothing wrong with making letsplays, far from it, but the Custom stories, TC's & Mods section of the forum probably has 1 or 2 posts that are normal in the front page; the rest is purely people trying, in my opinion, to have a thuperfamous letsplay channel of doing exactly what pewdiepie and other letsplayers do. in my opinion id think these guys make these just to play co-op games with pewdiepie, cry or other guys like that.

im not saying all the letsplay channels are bad, but ive seen well over 50 new channels who somehow try to sound ''professional''. some have decent playthroughs, and most could just agree on making a post saying "this is my letsplay of blablabla" and leave it at that; not going round making an amayzing channul of awesomes which will probably dust under the mild consequences of cheap entertainment after amnesia has finally passed on.

for those hundreds of hundreds of people playing amnesia the exact way pewdiepie does, or making new names for the same thing pewdiepie or other letsplayers does, id give you a small tip. lets players get known because they have their own little "funk" going on. you dont get known by using someone elses jokes who were just told, and telling them to the exact same people who just heard the joke, and call it your own (although some of those jokes get mildly irritating when told continuously to a flock of sheep who dont know any better).

anyone else feel the same way? o_o

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 05:01 PM by Mine Turtle.)
04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: LETZPLAY CHANNUL!

I agree 100%.
It's the same with any medium of entertainment. People are (hopefully) looking for someone/something new and original. Granted an Amnesia playthrough is far from original now, but the person and personality behind the playthrough could be the next big thing if they have something new and fresh to offer.
04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

I seriously hope this doesn't derail into some argument over which let's players are bad and which aren't.

On topic, I agree definitely that something should be done. I have absolutely no problem with self promotion, but this is getting to the point that it needs to be kept separate from the current section the posts are being made in.

I think there should be a central thread made and stickied, or even open an entire "Promotion/Advertisement" sub-forum where people can promote their channel, let's plays, or whatever.

Just my two cents, but who the fuck am I...

04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(04-25-2012, 04:10 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote: I seriously hope this doesn't derail into some argument over which let's players are bad and which aren't.

On topic, I agree definitely that something should be done. I have absolutely no problem with self promotion, but this is getting to the point that it needs to be kept separate from the current section the posts are being made in.

I think there should be a central thread made and stickied, or even open an entire "Promotion/Advertisement" sub-forum where people can promote their channel, let's plays, or whatever.

Just my two cents, but who the fuck am I...
I agree on the sticky thing, there's waaay too many threads about this around here.

04-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

glad you guys feel the same about this. the topic kinda gets on my nerves sometimes ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Find