Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Poisonous
MrErkky Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Poisonous

Cryaotic Wrote:I can tell the fellow who made the trailer, Anton Nordmark, has some pretty nice experience with After Effects.
Well, you are absolutely right! Smile

(04-26-2012, 03:57 PM)darkadders Wrote: this is absolutely amazing so far into my gameplay. the mapping is quite creative and youve got the elements of tension all set up ^^

ive found some minor (very minor) mapping errors here and there, though. it doesnt disrupt gameplay, but for the sake of detail id suggest covering it up, if you want (theyre minor, so you can decide ^^). overall i love this story so far. great job, sir!
Thank you and I'm glad you liked it! Please send me a PM with details of the glitches you found and they will be taken care off if a newer version comes out Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 05:10 PM by MrErkky.)
04-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

Threads: 7

This is going to be full of Awesomeness. Big Grin

04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

I played the first bit of it, but I have gotten stuck:

Spoiler below!
I have the two chemicals and it tells me to mix them in a cold place. I go into the freezer, combine them, and it blows up. Is there something else I need to do, or is this a bug?

Also, the freezer door cannot be broken down, so if you get trapped with a monster wailing on it, the only way to get out is to load a save (which I had to do, and may be the cause of this issue.)

I'd rather not play through the first part again, though if I have to I will so I can give a full review.

04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I thought the trailer was cool, but nothing SUPER like everyone makes it out to be, but I gave it a shot and I must say, it's been while since I've felt fear =] It's good to play some high quality custom stories with heart put into them and this was quite refreshing. I recorded a 1 hour long Let's Play and am uploading to Youtube at the moment. I will post it here once it's ready!

4/5!

Here's my go (1 hour long!):

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 02:25 AM by Statyk.)
04-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

I finished it, and I thought it was a very well done story, save for a few things:

Keep your maps smaller. I think you only had what, 2 or 3 total? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind large maps, but my computer was having issues with frame rate in some cases because there was just too much going on.

There were a few issues with clipping or walls not being quite where they should be, but they weren't too noticeable.

There was also a particular music file that is not intended to loop, which you ended up looping. It may not be a big deal to some, but it got on my nerves after about the 12th time hearing it. And since the maps are so big, it wasn't just for a few minutes. It was for a good 10-15 that I had to listen to it. Again, probably not a huge deal, but it was a bit annoying.

I think it needs a few tweaks, but was overall a good mod. Oh, and one thing I believe is a bug:

Spoiler below!
At the end, with the lever puzzle while trying to save Rachel, I read the notes over and over, and despite triple checking that the levers were in the right spot, it did not work. Maybe I got it wrong, but I sure thought I had it right. I would like to see what the answer is, and the result of getting it right.

I'll give it a 6.5/10, though I would bump it up to 7 or 7.5 with some bug fixes.

04-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Wow... so far this story is amazing!!! Smile

It's really beautiful and professional-like and has nice scares in it too, also a nice, creepy atmosphere at some (if not, all) parts :p

But... it kept crashing on me :/ (I can't say where because I don't know how to use the "Spolier" thing -.-) so I'm redownloading and I'm gonna start over... hopefully it'll work.
04-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Find
alexduplex Offline

Threads: 0

Awesome Custom Story. But there's just 1 problem...

My screen just goes black and the game crashes near the end. Same thing happens with my friend.

More specifically after the part where...

Spoiler below!
...you save Rachel and need to head back.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 02:35 AM by alexduplex.)
04-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

(04-27-2012, 02:34 AM)alexduplex Wrote: Awesome Custom Story. But there's just 1 problem...

My screen just goes black and the game crashes near the end. Same thing happens with my friend.

Spoiler below!

Make a save and exit before you enter the lever room, then exit and reload the save, you may need to leave once a specific someone finshes their lines.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

04-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Find
MrErkky Offline

Threads: 3

(04-27-2012, 01:54 AM)Statyk Wrote: I thought the trailer was cool, but nothing SUPER like everyone makes it out to be, but I gave it a shot and I must say, it's been while since I've felt fear =] It's good to play some high quality custom stories with heart put into them and this was quite refreshing. I recorded a 1 hour long Let's Play and am uploading to Youtube at the moment. I will post it here once it's ready!

4/5!
haha, really fun watching you play and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Anxt Wrote:Keep your maps smaller. I think you only had what, 2 or 3 total? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind large maps, but my computer was having issues with frame rate in some cases because there was just too much going on.
You're absolutely right! I hear that many have performance issuses with the maps having too much content at the same place. I personally don't like loading screens cause they take away a lot off the atmosphere, so we tried to do big maps just to avoid that. I have never experienced any lag in the custom story on my computer, so we though that the maps weren't too big. (actually they aren't too big, just build up in a not so performance optimized way, like with two floors.) Anyways, that will absolutely be considered if we makes more.

Anxt Wrote:I think it needs a few tweaks, but was overall a good mod. Oh, and one thing I believe is a bug:
Spoiler below!

At the end, with the lever puzzle while trying to save Rachel, I read the notes over and over, and despite triple checking that the levers were in the right spot, it did not work. Maybe I got it wrong, but I sure thought I had it right. I would like to see what the answer is, and the result of getting it right.

Look in Statyk's video above at 50.43 minutes, there you got how it should be. Maybe your bug was because you haven't pulled all the levers at the very end?(or it was a bug). BTW how did you come by the crash that happened for you before? I'm also planning on releasing a bugfixed version so if you got time, I would appriciate if you could send me a PM with all the details off every glitch you found. Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 02:23 PM by MrErkky.)
04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Find
alexduplex Offline

Threads: 0

(04-27-2012, 08:23 AM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 02:34 AM)alexduplex Wrote: Awesome Custom Story. But there's just 1 problem...

Spoiler below!

Make a save and exit before you enter the lever room, then exit and reload the save, you may need to leave once a specific someone finshes their lines.
It worked, thanks.

04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Find