Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Was "Northen" a typo on the map?
Skizelli Offline

Threads: 1
Was "Northen" a typo on the map?

In the beginning of the Old shafts area, there is a map with "Northen Area" written at the top. To my knowledge, "Northen" isn't a word. Was this a typo or am I missing something?
01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map?

I recently played this with some friends for the 3rd time. One of my friends noticed alot of mis-spelled words, mostly in the loading segments. Mabey Philip and whoever wrote that map doesn't know how to spell.
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Find
AdamGeld Offline

Threads: 0

Maybe he just doesn't care what people fluent with English think about his English skills because he's too busy doing something more important, like running a business, programming, and making money.

P.S. Check your grammar.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2008, 11:14 AM by Turko.)
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I replayed the beginning a few days ago: ther is a lot and i mean [b]lots[7] of spelling erors.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Find
Skizelli Offline

Threads: 1

AdamGeld Wrote:Maybe he just doesn't care what people fluent with English think about his English skills because he's too busy doing something more important, like running a business, programming, and making money.

P.S. Check your grammar.

No need to get snooty. I don't expect a game to be perfect, but spelling errors do tend to take away a certain something from a game. Especially if it's retail. It's not a big deal. The game is incredibly fun. But when I came across errors like that, specifically on something as important as a map, it kind of took me out of the moment, which, as a gamer, is disappointing to me.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008, 01:08 AM by lowero.)
01-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Skizelli Wrote:
AdamGeld Wrote:Maybe he just doesn't care what people fluent with English think about his English skills because he's too busy doing something more important, like running a business, programming, and making money.

P.S. Check your grammar.

No need to get snooty. I don't expect a game to be perfect, but spelling errors do tend to take away a certain something from a game. Especially if it's retail. It's not a big deal. The game is incredibly fun. But when I came across errors like that, specifically on something as important as a map, it kind of took me out of the moment, which, as a gamer, is disappointing to me.
Yeah. My first playthrough I didn't notice, but now I've found lots. Especially I've found many "i"'s (In English you always say I, not i) and typos in diaries wich simply don't seem intended. Havn't seen that Northen yet, though perhaps it's Icelandish (or are you on Greenland? Kinda confused about that atm).

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Un-inhabited Northen Greenland... Mabey its a British thing.
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Find