Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i make sounds for my CS?
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20
How do i make sounds for my CS?

I wanna put some random sounds into my custom story. I have a microphone, but don't know the next step. Tongue

The sound would be like the "brute/amb_alert.snt" sound, just don't know how to record and make it into a file.
:-)

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012, 03:43 AM by Theforgot3n1.)
04-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: How do i make sounds for my CS?

Record it with any program you wish, such as Audacity. Then you're going to have to find a program which can convert your soundfiles into .ogg format, the .snt files are basicly settings for the sound.
If you open one of the snt files with notepad there are things like volume and such which can be corrected in there.

To create a new sound in the most simple way would be to record and convert, put your new .ogg file into a folder within the amnesia directory and then copy paste a .snt file from the original sounds and then rename the .snt file to whatever your sound is called and change the settings of it in notepad accordingly.

I hope this helped to some degree.
04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

(04-27-2012, 01:04 PM)Traggey Wrote: Record it with any program you wish, such as Audacity. Then you're going to have to find a program which can convert your soundfiles into .ogg format, the .snt files are basicly settings for the sound.
If you open one of the snt files with notepad there are things like volume and such which can be corrected in there.

To create a new sound in the most simple way would be to record and convert, put your new .ogg file into a folder within the amnesia directory and then copy paste a .snt file from the original sounds and then rename the .snt file to whatever your sound is called and change the settings of it in notepad accordingly.

Alright, will try it aot!

(04-27-2012, 02:19 PM)Theforgot3n1 Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 01:04 PM)Traggey Wrote: Record it with any program you wish, such as Audacity. Then you're going to have to find a program which can convert your soundfiles into .ogg format, the .snt files are basicly settings for the sound.

Alright, will try it aot!
I have now made a few sounds and a .snt. But the scripting just doesn't seem to be able to find the file.
I modified the .snt, so that it looks like this:
<SOUNDENTITY>
  <SOUNDS>
      <Main>
        <Sound File="male_choke_01" />
        <Sound File="male_choke_02" />
      </Main>
  </SOUNDS>
  <PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="2" MaxDistance="20" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>
The name of the .ogg is "male_choke_01.ogg" (and 02).

I put them both in a folder i named "CustomSounds" inside the "sounds" folder, but when it failed I tried putting them in the "00" folder inside the "sounds" folder; it didn't work.

Didn't work when i put it as a sound in the level editor either...

About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM by Theforgot3n1.)
04-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Website Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

(04-27-2012, 11:12 AM)Theforgot3n1 Wrote: I wanna put some random sounds into my custom story. I have a microphone, but don't know the next step. Tongue

The sound would be like the "brute/amb_alert.snt" sound, just don't know how to record and make it into a file.
:-)
BAMPIE!

About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Website Find