Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
MalaSoldier Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Okey here is the thing. I downloaded LevelEditor for Amnesia, I used it. I watched a tutorial and saw that there is a toolbar in the bottom, but I didn't see it, I saw a guy comment the same and he got the answer, change the resolution. I did, it gets this error "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initalized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information." I uptated my graphics card to newest but still same error. I saw this error fix for Amnesia so I did it for Amnesia, but LevelEditor is another thing so it didn't work, and I can't even open LevelEditor. If someone helps me I will thank that person for a freaking week! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!
05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

What does the file (that you changed the resolution in) say? Can you post the line you changed?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Find
MalaSoldier Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

(05-01-2012, 03:21 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: What does the file (that you changed the resolution in) say? Can you post the line you changed?
I'm not so good at english but I'll try to explain as good as I can now. I used the program, I went into options, changed resolution, program worked when I restarted the program i get "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initalized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information." It worked than the other second it didn't work!
05-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(05-01-2012, 03:33 PM)MalaSoldier Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 03:21 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: What does the file (that you changed the resolution in) say? Can you post the line you changed?
I'm not so good at english but I'll try to explain as good as I can now. I used the program, I went into options, changed resolution, program worked when I restarted the program i get "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initalized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information." It worked than the other second it didn't work!
Sorry - had to go to sleep.

You can change the resolution manually.
- Open "Documents\MyDocuments\HPL2\LevelEditor.cfg".
- For the sake of reference, in case things continue to go wrong, copy the tag on the first line to Notepad. (The editor can work just fine with lots of decimals.)
- Now change the tag to this:
<Screen Width="1024" Height="768" Fullscreen="" TexQuality="0" />
(That's the most reliable "resolution". It's not an actual resolution - just the window size - but I bet that one of those values are empty.)

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Also, if you find that the resolution automatically changes back to default when you exit the editor: right click the .cfg file and select read only.
05-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Find
MalaSoldier Offline

Well, I got it after you went to sleep but thanks anyways Smile
05-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Find