Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-01 Friday 25th, Penumbra: Black Plague website, game final, latest previews...
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: 2008-01 Friday 25th, Penumbra: Black Plague website, game final, latest previews...

jens Wrote:

Let's see, many things to report about but will keep it short and to the point.

At the beginning of January we sent the final version of Penumbra: Black Plague to Paradox Interactive, so indeed the news about the 12th of February for a North America release is correct and the 15th of February is set to be the European date. Exactly what part of Europe this is remains to be seen, we personally have our fingers crossed for Sweden!

We have also finished our little site for Penumbra: Black Plague, you can find it here. It's nothing fancy beyond a short presentation of the game and purchase information. The site is of particular use if you are a Mac or Linux user, as this is where you will be able to get Penumbra: Black Plague when it is done. When that is? Well, the work is in progress so we are hoping that within a month or so of the Windows release there should be a Linux and Mac release.

A third Dev Diary was released a couple of days ago, if you want to get a little insight on how the physics was implemented in Penumbra: Black Plague you should read it.

And last we have some new previews to let you know about, these are probably the last previews as the reviews might come any day now!

GameChronicles.com

TotalVideoGames.com

Game-Over.com

oh is this a new screenie i find at your site?

[edit] make that two new screenies

[edit again] make that three new screenies. oooo the dogs were so cute before they got mutated! :]
01-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: 2008-01 Friday 25th, Penumbra: Black Plague website, game final, latest previews...

Wait a moment, there was a demo for Overture? Never heard of it.
By the way the title at the homepage is absolutely amazing, I hope it will show up as boxart.
By the way, the release date for Europa is later than the American release, how come? It is made in Sweden afterall. Paradox is in America?
I have always found it kinda ungrateful how all games nowadays don't have their origin laungage for subtitle selection and the like.

And now to the very important I TOLD YOU SO!
Red did burn his wretched skin inside that oven, if the concept art is to trust. Great artwork by the way.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Pfff, they're still trying to get people to think he's dead, just so he save save our hero in the last moment.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
01-30-2008, 04:39 AM
Find
Mr Jack Offline

Threads: 0

Hmm. Does anyone remember how much earlier the demo of Overture was released than the full game?
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Few months? Maybe...

02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

RE: 2008-01 Friday 25th, Penumbra: Black Plague website, game final, latest previews

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=636
03-09-2007 08:41 AM Demo Released

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=736
03-30-2007 06:02 AM Game Released

For a strange (and scary second) both the news + off-topic boards dissapeared on the forum; they might be planning a revolution.

EDIT: Oh god, they added a new board! Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

Please -REP me.
02-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Find
AnttiApina Offline

Threads: 1
RE: 2008-01 Friday 25th, Penumbra: Black Plague website, game final, latest previews

Lol found a bug at the demo site:

Quote:Be sure to update the drivers for your graphics card! Penumbra: Overture demands it!

So are we still playing overture Big Grin ?

Still waiting the demo... and then i will buy the game...
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

I don't want to play demo first. And if someone do then please don't talk about spoilers to much. Or hide them into those "spoiler warning". Thank you Smile
02-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Click This.

There is headline: Gameplay.

In that, there's picture... Could that be the last corridor of Overture?

It looks like it a bit, but I doubt it's not...

02-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

It's not; there weren't pipes on the ceiling, and the textuers are all different.

Please -REP me.
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Find