Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game brightness/gamma settings and screenshots.
Gmr Leon Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Game brightness/gamma settings and screenshots.

Heya, recently began playing Amnesia a bit more, and found some fantastic sights I wanted to screenshot and share...Except it turns out that's not that easy. After some research here, I found that F8 is the key to do so, and that's great. Problem is, the screenshots that come out only resemble the original start-up brightness of the game, which is to say, very dark.

I'm able to play the game fine, able to easily see everything and interact with everything...I just can't take worthwhile screenshots. I've tried tweaking my main settings to start with a brighter gamma setting, but they don't really stick. I've tried taking screenshots after tweaking the gamma setting to where I like it, still doesn't do anything.

What can I do?

I'm running on a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop...And if it helps, I'll attach the hpl log later on.
05-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game brightness/gamma settings and screenshots.

you can always use Fraps
05-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Find
Gmr Leon Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game brightness/gamma settings and screenshots.

(05-14-2012, 12:08 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: you can always use Fraps
I must not have been very clear.Undecided That wouldn't make a difference. It doesn't matter what I use to take screenshots, it's going to be appear darker than how I've it set in-game.
05-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Have tried Fraps though? It may work. Otherwise, it might be a variety from things like graphics card or monitor drivers. Can you show us a picture that you find to be dark?
05-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Find
Datzy Offline

Threads: 0

Maybe you have your monitor brightness higher than the game brightness, also; I feel that the standard brightness of the game is much better for screenshots.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM by Datzy.)
05-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Website Find
Gmr Leon Offline

Here are a few screenshots:

First one before messing with brightness/gamma settings.
[Image: th_Screen_Screenshot_000.jpg]
Second one, after messing with brightness/gamma settings. Notice any difference? No? Neither did I.
[Image: th_Screen_Screenshot_002.jpg]
Third one, in-game, continuing after messing with the gamma settings. Note, I can see this fine in-game as I play. It's only the screenshot that comes out this dark.
[Image: th_Screen_Screenshot_004.jpg]
05-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

They are fine. Screenshots look like that.
05-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Find