Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
A Coma Awakening: The Unknown Mysteries
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
A Coma Awakening: The Unknown Mysteries

A Coma Awakening:
The Unknown Mysteries

Story: You're a man named Danny, who just recently woke up from a coma. You don't know what's going on or what has happened, nor do you know how you got into a coma in the first place. Your best friend, Dennis, has visited you a couple of times while you were in the coma. He has left you a letter, trying to help you memorize what has happened. However... you get this strange sense that something has happened to him. You also have a strange feeling that something is watching and controlling your every move... What can all these senses mean? Not only that... but the home you live in... is cursed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, Xvideogamer720X here with my finally-released first custom story/full conversion: A Coma Awakening - The Unknown Mysteries.
I know the story sounds a bit cheesy and all that, but back then (I've worked on this ever since August 2011, but no, it isn't a "years worth of work") the "waking up on a bed not remembering anything" type of stories were the "hype". I understand it's now overused and boring... but, again, this FC was made back then when those types of stories were the hype or good enough. I wasn't that good of a story writer, ether. :p
However, I hope you can give it a chance and enjoy this mod Smile at least a little bit.
P.S No, this isn't those "non-serious jump scares" custom stories, the ones we all (or most) hate. So don't you worry about that. ^.^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Videos (Let's Plays):

These are part 1's of their Let's Plays. Thank you guys for doing a Let's Play on my mod Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Here:
[Image: 42855.png]

Link:

Images will be in another post... please stand by.

Images: (NOTE: My apologies for the pics being so low in brightness, I was using FRAPS to take pics of the game. It does a bad job at brightness :/.)

[Image: amnesia2012051422215204.jpg]
[Image: amnesia2012051422224215.jpg]
[Image: amnesia2012051422231241.jpg]
[Image: amnesia2012051422235388.jpg]

[Image: amnesia2012051422245067.jpg]NOTE: This is the "new" living room for my v1.1 patch.^^^
[Image: amnesia2012051422314019.jpg]
[Image: amnesia2012051422350671.jpg]
[Image: amnesia2012051422380923.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012, 11:50 PM by SonOfLiberty796.)
05-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
pil Offline

Threads: 0
RE: A Coma Awakening: The Unknown Mysteries

A good story so far! Glad there weren't just jump scares. Good atmosphere and puzzles. I will post my video on it in awhile.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNFrJ12tYw

A couple bugs I found.

Spoiler below!
When you go to pull the levers, the paper says up 7 down 11. Actually it was 12 down. "I + VI+V+II" Was the pattern on the bottom to drain the water.

Also shortly after that, I ran down the hallway, went through a few of the doors. When it said, "This is a dead end !!! This was a trap..." I almost did a 180 but I ended up getting stuck there. The game didn't freeze, I just couldn't move, open my inventory or anything.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012, 03:15 AM by pil.)
05-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(05-16-2012, 01:17 AM)pil Wrote: A good story so far! Glad there weren't just jump scares. Good atmosphere and puzzles. I will post my video on it in awhile.

A couple bugs I found.

Spoiler below!
When you go to pull the levers, the paper says up 7 down 11. Actually it was 12 down. "I + VI+V+II" Was the pattern on the bottom to drain the water.

Also shortly after that, I ran down the hallway, went through a few of the doors. When it said, "This is a dead end !!! This was a trap..." I almost did a 180 but I ended up getting stuck there. The game didn't freeze, I just couldn't move, open my inventory or anything.
Thank you Smile

Spoiler below!
Oh shoot I didn't spot that! I need to check it over... (and 4 levers had to be down? That's not what I mean't to do. There were suppose to be 3 levers up and 3 levers down)

Damn, that bug yet again. It has effected about 3 or 4 people (and I'm guessing more will be affected as well). I'm trying to do a "Emergency Patch" to fix that stupid problem. I think (I'm about 90% sure) I know what the problem is.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 01:37 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
05-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Find
pil Offline

Cool. I'll continue once the patch is out.

Spoiler below!
Yeah I think the 2nd and 6th one were the only ones up. After spending about 10 min trying to figure it out, I was like, up 7, down 12, close enough. and it worked.
05-16-2012, 02:35 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(05-16-2012, 02:35 AM)pil Wrote: Cool. I'll continue once the patch is out.
The patch is out now, by the way, but it's still authorizing -.-
05-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Find
pil Offline

I applied the patch and the same result happened. I believe I installed it correctly.

Also I tried to continue where I left off previously. Not sure if that affects anything in the patch. Anyways I had to restart from
Spoiler below!
where I got the jail cell key. The door before the poofer. I tried starting after you go into that jail cell and you pass out due to the gases, but when I awake in the prison room I cannot move or do anything. But starting from outside where you get the jail cell key seemed to work up until the last part again.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2012, 01:21 AM by pil.)
05-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(05-23-2012, 01:14 AM)pil Wrote: I applied the patch and the same result happened. I believe I installed it correctly.

Also I tried to continue where I left off previously. Not sure if that affects anything in the patch. Anyways I had to restart from
Spoiler below!
where I got the jail cell key. The door before the poofer. I tried starting after you go into that jail cell and you pass out due to the gases, but when I awake in the prison room I cannot move or do anything. But starting from outside where you get the jail cell key seemed to work up until the last part again.
Spoiler below!
The save for the Hidden Prison (the one where you cant move when you wake up) is causing the problem. I changed up the script so that when you wake up, you have the ability to move no matter what (I took off the timer and script where the player can't move for a certain time). So I believe the saves are causing the issues. Unfortunately, you may have to start over Sad I'm terribly sorry. I understand if you don't want to or if you think my custom story is crap. Because I believe it is, actually, now that I see how much bugs there are and all that.
05-23-2012, 03:55 AM
Find
pil Offline

(05-23-2012, 03:55 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 01:14 AM)pil Wrote: I applied the patch and the same result happened. I believe I installed it correctly.

Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!
The save for the Hidden Prison (the one where you cant move when you wake up) is causing the problem. I changed up the script so that when you wake up, you have the ability to move no matter what (I took off the timer and script where the player can't move for a certain time). So I believe the saves are causing the issues. Unfortunately, you may have to start over Sad I'm terribly sorry. I understand if you don't want to or if you think my custom story is crap. Because I believe it is, actually, now that I see how much bugs there are and all that.
So does the current patch fix that issue and that I need to restart over for it to work?
05-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

(05-25-2012, 02:42 AM)pil Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 03:55 AM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote:

Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!
So does the current patch fix that issue and that I need to restart over for it to work?
Possibly. I'm not 100% sure.
05-25-2012, 03:40 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

hey videogamer can you put it to download from mediafire or something? because moddb have to download alot of things b4 download your map!
05-25-2012, 04:07 AM
Find