Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Lovecraft Maps?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Lovecraft Maps?

(07-04-2012, 07:51 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 05:05 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 03:30 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: I just got an idea, why haven't anyone made a "mouth" crosshair like you can make an area and then have the mouth as a "talk" crosshair so you can use that when you want to talk to a NPC Smile
That would be neat... though I wonder what would happen when you tried that on a Grunt?
Any potential interaction involving a Grunt and your mouth is something to be avoided at all costs
True... I tend to avoid/run from them when playing the game.

I can't help but share, both Quake 1 and Amnesia TDD had monsters called Grunts. Imagine if Amnesia Grunts were in Quake 1 Tongue
07-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

In english, 'Grunt' is a general term used to imply 'foot-soldier' usually. The lowest ranking soldiers IRL are sometimes referred to as 'grunts', so the most basic enemies in Quake are referred to as 'grunts', and so too are the most basic foot soldier for That Guy's (forgot the name... Alexandria is it?) horrible mutant 'army' in Amnesia. If you look around, you'll probably find many games and movies that use the term 'grunt' as a name for basic fighting types.

Also, having ended most experiences with Amnesia Grunts tearing my face off, it'd be very satisfying indeed to pop out of a closet and nail-gun their balls off
07-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-04-2012, 08:35 PM)Adrianis Wrote: In english, 'Grunt' is a general term used to imply 'foot-soldier' usually. The lowest ranking soldiers IRL are sometimes referred to as 'grunts', so the most basic enemies in Quake are referred to as 'grunts', and so too are the most basic foot soldier for That Guy's (forgot the name... Alexandria is it?) horrible mutant 'army' in Amnesia. If you look around, you'll probably find many games and movies that use the term 'grunt' as a name for basic fighting types.

Also, having ended most experiences with Amnesia Grunts tearing my face off, it'd be very satisfying indeed to pop out of a closet and nail-gun their balls off
'Foot-Soldier', makes sense considering the majority of the monsters in that castle were the Grunts. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it would be soo fun scaring them for a change with nail guns and rocket launchers Big Grin
07-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

Grunts always reminds me of the halo franchise, with the small grunts running around being worthless xD

07-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-04-2012, 09:27 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: Grunts always reminds me of the halo franchise, with the small grunts running around being worthless xD
Never played Halo, but worthless... if only the Amnesia Grunts were worthless instead of dangerous!
07-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Find