Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Series: Let's Plays with Etherelle
Etherelle Offline

Threads: 1
Penumbra Series: Let's Plays with Etherelle

Hey guys! I'm an artist and huge fan of Penumbra and Amnesia and I do livestreams of my playthroughs and throw them up on Youtube as Let's Plays. So far, I've completed Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague, and I plan to do a livestream of Requiem during the summer, and I'm also working on running through Amnesia custom stories.

For all of you curious about my adventures through Frictional Games or other livestreams besides, I'll point you over to my Youtube! EtherelletheMovie

Warning: I do swear a lot, there's some face cam, there's some screaming, some Kanye West and a lot of babbling like an idiot. There is also commentary by my friends, Lucky and Swan on Skype. And the issues that pop up are quickly resolved, I promise. %D But I hope you enjoy!

Penumbra: Overture

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18

Penumbra: Black Plague
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
(still being uploaded!)

I'll update this post as I put up new videos. Thanks for your time, guys!
05-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Penumbra Series: Let's Plays with Etherelle

While I always appreciate people playing Penumbra, I find it too difficult to watch your videos, the resolution is too low. Sorry Sad
05-22-2012, 02:00 AM
Find
Etherelle Offline

I was worried about that! 8U Thank you for speaking up about it. I can reupload them at a higher resolution if that would help? 8D
05-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Yes, that would help, if you have the time for it.
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Find
Etherelle Offline

(05-22-2012, 11:22 PM)spukrian Wrote: Yes, that would help, if you have the time for it.
I can do that! I'll hop on it now that I have time during summer.
06-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-16-2012, 07:54 AM)Etherelle Wrote: Warning: I do swear a lot, there's some face cam, there's some screaming, some Kanye West and a lot of babbling like an idiot. There is also commentary by my friends, Lucky and Swan on Skype. And the issues that pop up are quickly resolved, I promise. %D But I hope you enjoy!
We are all adults here (and if not, mature adolescents) and I don't think super conservative Christians really play games like these so you shouldn't have to warn people about swearing. Besides, only idiots have a problem with swearing, so if they don't like it that's due to their own misguided views.

Anyway while I respect the effort you probably put into recording all these I can't say I'm really all that motivated to watch them. Not only the low resolution like spukrian mentioned but it takes commitment to watch some unknown person play a video game for hours. Maybe I'll check them out later though.

EDIT: Also, is Etherelle your actual name? If so, congrats on having a badass name.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012, 10:58 PM by Bridge.)
06-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(06-02-2012, 10:57 PM)Bridge Wrote: Besides, only idiots have a problem with swearing, so if they don't like it that's due to their own misguided views.
Yes, because it is acceptable to claim that somebody's views are 'misguided' if your views are not the same :/

Although I don't have a problem with swearing myself, I find it offensive how you speak as if you're the only one who has a correct opinion. People have many valid reasons for why they dislike swearing.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Find
Etherelle Offline

@Bridge: Haha, yeah! You could never be too sure though, so I figured I might as well put it out there. Better be safe than sorry. Not only that but it's respectful to at least give people the head's up, in case there is someone who doesn't have an appetite for swearing. And this is where I agree with Damascus Rose. Though, I do have to wonder, what would people be doing watching Frictional Games playthroughs without expecting profuse language. %D What even.

No worries, dude, I respect that. The resolution does get in the way, which is something I didn't notice until you guys brought it up. I'm going to work on upping the quality because honestly, when I first started uploading them, it was for friends who weren't able to attend my livestreams of the game, who were curious as to what they missed, so I put them up quickly. And I figured that well, while I was at it, I might as well mention it here on the forums in case anyone else wanted to see. I don't expect a big reaction, as you've said, I'm pretty much a nobody here, but it doesn't hurt to give the option. People have to start somewhere! 8D

And no, Etherelle isn't my real name. Wish it was! Though its hard to find a nickname for it. It's just my internet handle.
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3

Sorry, but the quality is unbearable :S
The screen is really low res, but what bothers me the most is the sound quality. The constant buzzing and the mic chopping off the soundwaves would easily give you a headache after a little while.

Having good video/sound quality is like having a comfortable seat at the movies; It's not the main issue, but if it doesn't have a decent standard, it becomes very obnoxious and kills the experience. :/

I would suggest using a well known screencapping program called Fraps (Which is what I personally use and most other YouTubers I know). It has a maximum quality output of 3000x2000, or something in that area. Make sure to have your game in 16:9 widescreen res. This will make the video fill out the black sides on youtube. (For example 1280x720 or 1920x1080 resolution) I also use sony vegas to edit and render my videos. Pretty easy to use and has tons of different file and quality outputs. Would recommend 1280x720 res and 25-30 fps for a youtube video, .wmv is probably the easiest format to work with. (I do not promote piracy and I will not be held responsible; But it's easy to get these things for free)

A really good mic is pretty expensive, but you can get one that has more than enough quality for a reasonable price.

These are some really easy thing to do, but they can take forever to figure out by yourself ^^
I wish you luck with the YouTube channel!

// Crazy

06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Website Find