Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Custom Story: Luigi's Mansion?
dewness Offline

Threads: 2
Possible Custom Story: Luigi's Mansion?

I'm considering making a custom story based on Luigi's Mansion, where you take on the role of Luigi. It would include about every aspect of the game, including the portrait ghosts, the other ghosts, all the rooms in the Mansion, all that good stuff. For the past two days I've been messing around with HPL and Blender trying to come up with the map and custom entities (the map is by far easier, though still difficult). I already have 5 models (Luigi, Boos, Gold Ghost, Purple Puncher and Blue Twirler), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to texture them in Blender (I also have textures for all 3 ghosts). I know someone else is already working on a Luigi's Mansion mod (zeravia's Luigi's Nightmare, which looks fantastic by the way), but I'd like to take a shot at it. What do you guys think?

PS: If anyone can give me a complete noob's tutorial on creating custom entities in Amnesia, that would be most helpful.
05-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Possible Custom Story: Luigi's Mansion?

(05-16-2012, 06:14 PM)dewness Wrote: I'm considering making a custom story based on Luigi's Mansion, where you take on the role of Luigi. It would include about every aspect of the game, including the portrait ghosts, the other ghosts, all the rooms in the Mansion, all that good stuff. For the past two days I've been messing around with HPL and Blender trying to come up with the map and custom entities (the map is by far easier, though still difficult). I already have 5 models (Luigi, Boos, Gold Ghost, Purple Puncher and Blue Twirler), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to texture them in Blender (I also have textures for all 3 ghosts). I know someone else is already working on a Luigi's Mansion mod (zeravia's Luigi's Nightmare, which looks fantastic by the way), but I'd like to take a shot at it. What do you guys think?

PS: If anyone can give me a complete noob's tutorial on creating custom entities in Amnesia, that would be most helpful.

Spoiler below!
no..

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc[/video]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

...What? I actually think it could be pretty fun/interesting if done right. Just because it's not a super immersive mod with a deep story that will make you think doesn't mean it can't be good. Now, before I get yelled at fro being a hypocrite for expressing... Negative opinions towards joke maps, there's a difference. Those maps tend to be INCREDIBLY low quality (IE terrible level design with a bajillion mapping and lighting errors that look like they were made in 5 minutes), if someone made a joke map, or in this case a not-strictly-scary map, that's also kind of amusing and the creator put some actual effort into it, then I'd be totally fine with it. It's just up to this point every custom story that's tried to be amusing (other than Dark Room actually) has been terrible.

Though this actually does look pretty interesting, and from what you've said it sounds like you're putting some effort into it, with making all new models and such. I'd say if you wanna do it, go for it. As for a tutorial, I haven't looked into it myself but I heard Yourcomputer's noob to pro tutorial is pretty good. The wiki is also another great place to learn how to use the tools (which everyone seems to completely ignore now dfghseitug).

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM by Kman.)
05-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(05-16-2012, 09:26 PM)kman Wrote: ...What? I actually think it could be pretty fun/interesting if done right. Just because it's not a super immersive mod with a deep story that will make you think doesn't mean it can't be good. Now, before I get yelled at fro being a hypocrite for expressing... Negative opinions towards joke maps, there's a difference. Those maps tend to be INCREDIBLY low quality (IE terrible level design with a bajillion mapping and lighting errors that look like they were made in 5 minutes), if someone made a joke map, or in this case a not-strictly-scary map, that's also kind of amusing and the creator put some actual effort into it, then I'd be totally fine with it. It's just up to this point every custom story that's tried to be amusing (other than Dark Room actually) has been terrible.

Though this actually does look pretty interesting, and from what you've said it sounds like you're putting some effort into it, with making all new models and such. I'd say if you wanna do it, go for it. As for a tutorial, I haven't looked into it myself but I heard Yourcomputer's noob to pro tutorial is pretty good.
HYPOCRITE
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Someone was already working on this... but he abandoned it.

And he was doing an amazing job Sad now it's all gone and never going to come.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012, 05:27 AM by SonOfLiberty796.)
05-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

So this "Luigi" character, is he an italian serial killer?

[Image: tumblr_lniz57N18S1qkpxw2.gif]

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012, 10:34 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Find